Forums

27 gay christian trying to find his way

Page: 1

DavidLG
Event Coordinator
Joined in 2009
October 26, 2009, 03:56

hello all. im new to this forum so hellooo!!

I will try to give a very brief message about where I am at. Im 27 , was born again in 1998. Many years trying t obasically fight my desires/orientation and be a good christian boy and be celbiate.

Late last year I had enough of the struggle and pain as some of u may understand and contacted some ministries that help young guys with unwanted same sex attraction and eventually started counselling this year(ive quit now) went to a retreat, ggot me pumped for God and all but the lonelieness and the orientation had not decreased and after curiosuly checking out datign sites and all gave in and put u pa profile and went for it.

Ive strruggled with the idea of being single and being gay but being gay means going t o hell and not livign a life that glorifies the God I love and certain verses have scared me and yet I have also become comfrotbale with being a gay christian. I seem to swing from one side to another lol

I have told soem friends, the unchristian ones were fine but i copped a lot of flak and ear bashing fro my christian ones, soem saying things wil lget worse and i will never have peace and its wrong bla bla

The thought of coming out to my family(thats my plan i n a few months as i muster up the courage) terrifies me. I guessi m still in the journey of gettign there.

Itrs hard cause i feel so isolated i n this place.

How can u survive coming out to family? what about verses like, ” and God gave the mover to a depraved mind, men commiting unnatural relations with other men etc” ?

I have so many questions lol

Also, my experinces with the ga y community and online dating ive found that 90% of gay guys r not nice and ive als owrestled with bitterness toward other poofs and the fakeness and shallowness with many bent people. And the gay life is farce or thats how my thinking has als o been to.

What about beilvers/non beielvers? Ive dated some “worldy” guys because there r no gay christians m y age about, so its hard tryign to find guys who can accept my values. Id love to have a christian partner but it seems their not around and am forced t ogo with worldy folk.

Please pray for guidance and wisdom. I know this i s all over the place this post and trying t ofigure this all out.

man in confusion

Joined in 2009
October 26, 2009, 12:19

hello..I am new to this website also..actually, i have just joined this site..I have the same life like yours..I will pray for you.Praying is a strong weapon..I will pray that god enlightens your way more and more so you understand the links..consider me your brother..

New iraqi christian man in Sydney..

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 26, 2009, 23:50

hey Guys…..welcome to our/your forum. If you are in Sydney you can meet other lovely gay guys at our freedom 2 b[e] meeting.

If you are not in Sydney then you can use this space to help you feel a little more connected. Connecting with guys on sites like you mentioned rarely if ever helps you find good friends.

Can I ask if you are in a city or rural area.

BTW….one good way to come out to your parents is by writing a letter. Read Hillsben story here.

are you parents christians.

DavidLG
Event Coordinator
Joined in 2009
November 1, 2009, 13:08

thank you for the prayer and advice there. It gets me down a bit but ill hang i n there

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
November 1, 2009, 15:50

Hi topgun and Welcome to Freedom2b[e] 😀

As avb has mentioned, if you’re in Sydney or Melbourne we have monthly Chapter meetings where you can meet other GLBT people personally.

The ‘Telling Our Stories’ section has lots of real-life stories of gay guys who have embarked on a journey to reconcile their sexual orientation with their Christian beliefs. I would encourage you to read through these, and also to actively check out the ‘Discussion’ section to become familiar with everyday issues that affect us as gay guys.

Nick

Joined in 2007
November 2, 2009, 22:42

Hi topgun, I know what you’re going through. Its not easy, but dont give up asking the questions until you find it.

I know of a good book that helped me asnwer the theological questions about the bible verses. Just messaged me your email and I can send you a pdf cofy.

Cheers

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 2, 2009, 23:50

Hi gang…..you’ll see I split the topic so the homosexual male/female discussion was taken off this section and is now separate in the discussion section.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.073 seconds.