Forums

31yo gay guy, Charismatic background but not religious today

Page:   1 2 3

Pentatropics

Joined in 2009
January 14, 2010, 18:55

Hi Pingtimeout

Yet another brilliant person joins us. We are so blessed. You are a great example to all of us. Clearly a strong and steady person. I look forward to hearing more of your journey as it unfolds.

Peace and love

Ryan

pingtimeout

Joined in 2009
January 17, 2010, 14:20

Ryan, thanks for your kind words…

I’m amazed at how accepting people are on here… not something I’m used to elsewhere. 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 17, 2010, 22:05

Ryan, thanks for your kind words…

I’m amazed at how accepting people are on here… not something I’m used to elsewhere. 🙂

I know what you mean….some forums are toxic…..full of angry people feeding each other with more to be angry about |( |( |(

pingtimeout

Joined in 2009
January 18, 2010, 13:37

I’ve always been of an opinion that online sites have a certain culture. Three elements seem to go into making that culture: good planning from the start by the founders; good ongoing moderation and maintenance and a sound and clear (but not overly restrictive) policy; and a community of people who come to feel at home in the culture and are welcoming to similarly-intentioned newcomers. This is about my 3rd such site in 14 years, I think, so well done.

You sound like you’ve seen one of the forums I left in the mid-00s. Full of racist, sexist pondlife with a complete intolerance for inconvenient facts which get in the way of their narrative of the world (and for those who bring them to their attention). Given I was only there for entertainment chatter, it wasn’t long before I found a more … middle-of-the-road site.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 18, 2010, 14:24

I think we can safely say we tick all the boxes……thanks.

…..and thanks to all those who’ve contributed to making this happen.

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.055 seconds.