Forums

54 yo bi woman - new Christian

Page: 1

DB

Joined in 2014
May 2, 2014, 10:54

Hi, just joined freedom2b and thankful there is such an organisation, its fantastic. I have always been a spiritual person but had found no luck in New Age or Spiritualist types of spirituality. Moved to Coffs from Syd on my own mid 2012 and found a church that I attend from time to time (Evangelical) but living with the shame of my bi-sexuality and have not told anybody. I have had relationships with women in the past so had to come out to family and friends but that was a long time ago. I've found Jesus at the church I attended and started to heal from my past woundings, have been baptised which was amazing, but still deal with my shame of same sex attraction and wanting a future with a woman. I have a friend whos been a committed Christian for 35 years who I chat with from time to time but she has no idea of my sexuality. I have to hide a big part of who I am for fear of rejection and growing up in a very dysfunctional family, rejection is very familiar to me, and has caused me to be very lonely and isolated for most of my life. Just want to connect with others, feel I'm not alone. Any support would be greatly appreciated. Thank you 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
May 4, 2014, 13:42

Hi DB.

Welcome to f2b and thank you for sharing a little of your story. 🙂

You are certainly not alone in hiding part of who you are and being fearful of rejection if you do open up about your sexuality. Many of us here can relate to that as you will see when you have a read through some of the stories in the Telling Our stories section.

The good news though is that you can both have a faith and be bisexual. Many have also come to realise that here as they have gathered supports around them and felt increasingly accepted and able to express themselves. And there are churches and communities who will fully accept you for who you are and you will not have to hide your sexuality.

I see from this and your other post in the discussion section that you are in Coff''s Harbour and looking for supports local to you. Have you tried googling this? As I mentioned in the other post, some of our NSW members may also be able to help.

What is your current church's stance on homosexuality, and are you happy there?

Churches are slowly realising that our sexuality is a natural and healthy part of who we are and not something that can or should be changed. However there are still churches who do not understand this which can really hurt some of their members.

I look forward to hearing more from you.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

DB

Joined in 2014
May 4, 2014, 15:49

Hi Ann Marie, thanks for your response. My Church thinks its a sin to have any other sexuality than heterosexual. I don't know if there is a Church or group that meets around this area (Coffs Harbour) to meet with other people.

Can yo u pls tell me how to find other members on this site? I see that there is no search tool.

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
May 6, 2014, 10:53

Hi DB,

This is certainly a wonderful place. As you read through the stories on this site I pray they give you hope and encouragement that you are not alone.

My son has told us that when he was struggling with his sexuality and came to accept it he thought he was the only one who was Christian and Gay. Then he came across the F2B site. At the time he didn't know any gay Christians in the same situation as him, there was no F2B in Brisbane, now there is a chapter here and my son is one of the leaders 🙂

So hang in there, you will be amazed at how connections can be made. My son did a few trips to Syd in the early days to connect with some F2B's. Maybe you could do the same Brisbane or Syd. You would be made to feel very welcome. 🙂

God Bless

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
May 18, 2014, 09:09

Hi DB

Sorry for the delay in my reply. I haven't been well.

For more information on the Sydney chapter, click on the Events tab above, and then select the Sydney group. They will have their next group discussion or outing on that page.

You can also contact Shane by private message, clicking on 'compose' in the top right corner of this page. Alternatively,go to the contact page by selecting the Contact tab above, select Sydney f2b group and contact Shane that way. He will be able to help you with other contacts in the NSW area.

Let us know how you go with that.

Kind Regards,

Ann Maree

sarab

Joined in 2011
May 18, 2014, 21:43

Hi DB – good to hear from you on this site – and as Ann Maree has said you are certainly not alone in feeling somewhat fearful about your sexuality and in hiding your truth from others. As you read the stories of others here, you will see that many have felt similarly "shamed" or confused or at odds as they try to work through the reconciliation of faith and sexuality.

The good news is – that many of us have come to understand that God is far more merciful and loving than we know or than we have experienced at the hands of the judgement of others. God loves you the way you are. God does not make mistakes – so you are exactly as God intended you to be. Remember that. Remember that you are indeed a loved creation.

There is a way forward DB to be the created person you are – loving and being attracted to both men and women – perhaps wanting a relationship with a woman AND having a faith and a relationship with God. The two need not be and are not mutually exclusive.

I came out later in life – had a lot of turmoil as I worked through the process, (long term f2be people will attest to this!) I struggled with the church, I struggled with faith, I struggled with coming out…. and now (three years on) – I find myself in a church where I can be completely who I am – a gay woman – and what's more, I found a loving partner along the way (we've been together only 7 months – but all is going well!). So – hang in there and please ,make use of the wonderful support that can be yours here at freedom 2 b – there are some very wise people here 🙂

All the best

Sarab

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.067 seconds.