Forums

59 yr old x pentecostal pastor now openly gay

Page:   1 2 3

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 25, 2011, 11:53

Hi freeme

and welcome!

I was an elder in a Baptist church for a number of years, and married for 20, before I separated from my wife and accepted that I was gay…and that God loves me just the way I am.

I’m glad you’re here- and hope that find much to enrich your life!

Ian

why dont you put the link to you story here Ian so freeme can read it.

freeme

Joined in 2011
January 25, 2011, 11:55

Anthony,

Hi thank you for your kind comments.

I am looking forward to being a part of this site and reading other guys stories and me adding more of mine.

Cheers

Freeme

Alucard

Joined in 2010
January 25, 2011, 20:06

Congratulations freeme on your path to freedom.

It’s always wonderful to hear someone coming to terms with their sexuality. There are many stories very similar to yours but whats more important is the determination to live a life of freedom and I’m very happy that you have decide to take the path.

Thanks for the inspiration.

agrech3

freeme

Joined in 2011
January 26, 2011, 00:02

🙂 Agrech,

Thanx for ur words yes i am so glad i came out to myself first and then to my friends and family it is such a liberating feeling. Wish i had done it a long time ago except that i am fortunate in that i have age and life experience on my side.

Hpe to read more from you.

Cheers

Freeme

JaydWoods

Joined in 2010
January 26, 2011, 01:19

I hated when I fell into my depressed stage. It was the worst period for me and I think for any of us when we feel we are useless and have no place to fit in.

It is an emotional growing experience to come out of that. I am so happy that you were able to snap out of that and share.

You may like out late but great on youtube. They are a bunch of mid aged gays and lesbians who share their experiences coming out later on in life. I love there channel simply because there is such a strong need for people to understand coming out later in life is acceptable as well.

Thanks so much for sharing!

freeme

Joined in 2011
January 26, 2011, 15:04

Jayd,

My pleasure thanx for reading it.

I think you learn to deal with “stuff” as you go along and at times it is very difficult but! i ensure that i make myself get with family and friends (even if i don’t want to) and that is what really helps me to get out of my place and have some fun.

I find just doing that helps me to re- focus and get back on track.

There are a number of things that i do that really help me get out of the “doldrums”.

Cheers

Steve

IanJ

Joined in 2009
January 27, 2011, 19:26

hmmm

putting links to stories isn’t the easiest thing to do

http://www.freedom2b.org/topic/301

I couldn’t make it hypertext link….. but

oh, i did- i just had to take out all those things <> i thought i had to leave in.

there you go, not so hard really….

Ian

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 28, 2011, 01:00

you can to it like this http://www.freedom2b.org/topic/301

or like this

or like this outed, rejected, but moving forward

JaydWoods

Joined in 2010
January 28, 2011, 04:03

You are very welcome.

Jacob 0:)

Pinkflamingo

Joined in 2010
January 28, 2011, 19:59

Hi Freeme,

I am 51 and came out to myself four years ago about eighteen months after my marriage of 18 years ended. I am still a pastor, and my immediate work environment is very supportive, although not so much my larger denominational context. I am out to relatively few people.

Thank you for sharing your story. This is so much I relate to in it.

Blessings.

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.053 seconds.