Forums

59 yr old x pentecostal pastor now openly gay

Page:   1 2 3

freeme

Joined in 2011
January 22, 2011, 17:27

🙂

Hi i wanted to tell my story in the hope it will help other pastors,christians anyone really .

I was a Pentecostal Minister for 9yrs with the Potters House Christian Centre and involved with them for 12 yrs.

I lived a life of confusion, doubt, frustration,fear, torment, about who i really was while being involved in an organisation who Hated Gays and anyone who didn’t fit their mould of ” acceptability ” and “what was normal”?.

Gays were berated from the pulpit and were made to feel unloved, unwanted, and to feel less than human.It created in me a dilema of faith and a mistrust in God as He was supposed to be love and an all embracing God But! then how could he hate Gays at the same time?

I eventually left in 1992 and embarked on a dark journey of depression, suicidal plans, i lost my happiness, joy, purpose, motivation for life and the future the only way to end the pain was to end my life.

I came out after my marriage break down of 34 years and realised that i have been gay all along but tried to bury it for years. I am surrounded by a lot of good people who encouraged me it was the best thing i ever did to come out i feel great.

I am still on a journey but! i am a lot more free thah i ever was.

Cheers

Freeme

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
January 22, 2011, 19:08

freeme – G’day! Welcome. Many of us identify with you in both the pain of the past years (for some of us much more than others) as well as with the new-found freedom you report. This site is such an encouragement as we read all the reports of experiences. So many common threads, but also many different issues along the journey (past & present). And a remarkable number of members of this F2b community have been in ministry – pastors, missionaries, elders, deacons, worship leaders, etc., etc. If you haven’t already done so, a trawl back through old threads will bring much encouragement. God bless.

Boi70

Joined in 2007
January 22, 2011, 20:01

Welcome freeme. I could really understand how you would have felt. I am so glad that you can say that it is the best thing that you ever did. I like it when we can say this. 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 22, 2011, 21:27

Hi freeme

It’s great to hear your story and know you have support and hope for your future. 🙂

forestgrey’s suggestion of reading others’ stories is a good one. There’s lots of shared themes of heart ache, triumph and hope. Discovering these commonalities builds connection and a sense of belonging.

I hope we hear more from you.

Welcome to freedom 2 b!

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 23, 2011, 22:38

Hi Freeme…..another minister………I often wonder if the number of gay and lesbian people who enter some type of ministry are above the national average……is there something spiritual about us that draws us to serve.

,……and of course welcome…….glad you found us. 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
January 24, 2011, 16:37

Hi Freeme, Its so lovely that you have shared your story on the forum. My partner and I are ex Potters house people. We came in around the time that you left and were part of some of the Melbourne churches. We were both in for over 10 years and can tell you things have not changed!LOL! If you want to send us a private message please do so otherwise again we say welcome! 🙂

IanJ

Joined in 2009
January 24, 2011, 21:23

Hi freeme

and welcome!

I was an elder in a Baptist church for a number of years, and married for 20, before I separated from my wife and accepted that I was gay…and that God loves me just the way I am.

I’m glad you’re here- and hope that find much to enrich your life!

Ian

freeme

Joined in 2011
January 24, 2011, 23:59

Hi there thanx for the words i am looking forward to being a part of this site and hopefully make some friends and be a friend to others

cheers

freeme

Joined in 2011
January 25, 2011, 00:05

hi mate thanx for the words looking forward to more interaction on here with other guys

cheers

Freeme

freeme

Joined in 2011
January 25, 2011, 00:10

ian, hi there thanx for your comments yes it is great to be gay and to feel really free

cheers

Freeme

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.085 seconds.