Forums

A New Paper re Church Attitudes to Homosexuality

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 8, 2010, 23:35

Sandy

40s and 50s??!!! Are you for real? How old are you?

I’m 41 and don’t think of myself as old and certainly don’t think of 50 as old.

Sandy

Joined in 2007
January 8, 2010, 23:41

*laughing* I’m sorry, I’m sorry I didn’t mean it like that!! I just read back what I wrote and realised how it sounded. Appoligies to avb too, I’m a doofus. Of course I don’t think 50 is old. I just meant in general seeing as we had people from all age groups responding to this thread and talking about old age and lonliness.

The concensus seemed to be that anyone who had reached a certain age (completly undefined, sorry again) was doomed to lonliness and isolation. I only meant to point out that this wasn’t always the case. You have my most humble appoligies.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 9, 2010, 00:48

Hi Sandy

🙂 Ok all is forgiven!

And for the record, I don’t think anyone is destined for loneliness and isolation in old age. I don’t think aging has to be like that at all.

In some ways I feel more energised than when I was in my 20s and certainly better able to cope with some things. And people say I look young which is nice.

But I noticed you didn’t say how old you are? 🙂

Sandy

Joined in 2007
January 9, 2010, 01:03

Ah you caught me :p I’m in my twenties, though that’s as specific as I’m prepared to get. I’m still coping with Murry’s “you must be young” comment on a different thread I think 😉

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 9, 2010, 01:17

Hehe Ok you can be mysterious. 😉 And no crime in being young 🙂 )

murrayd

Joined in 2009
January 9, 2010, 02:53

I think you are getting what was said quite wrong.

40 and fifty are young

I myself do not feel old and i am bordering 70. I have much more in life and have a loving God.. Thats all I need.

I am talking of those I have come in contact with who feel differently

i agree with what you say as to AVB but he is positive in his outlook. i am sure he would tell you also that there are lonely disillusioned people out there and age has a lot to do with it especially if they are on their own.

I have seen the dejected and those that a willing to give up thefight.

It is those that I am thinking of.

What are we doing to make those gay and lesbian feel loved(I dont mean physically). There are enough in the straight world caring but cant we also look at helping our brothers and sisters.

Remember that it was the work of these that got us to where we are today.

murrayd

Joined in 2009
January 9, 2010, 03:12

J) Sandy and Anne Maree .You are chickens.. 0:)

This is an area that a lot of the men come up against look at pingtimeout. Hes feeling it at 31..

With a lot of gay men vanity is a big thing.We must let them know its OK that looks arent the all to end all. A loving heart means more. 😉

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 9, 2010, 03:18

Hi Murray

Well it’s clear you have a real heart for this group of people. Can you think of ways to attract them to this forum? Where do you most see the dejected and those we can reach out to?

I’d be interested in your ideas and am myself thinking of ways to reach elderly LGBTIQ. We could benefit from their wisdom here too.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 9, 2010, 03:43

Hi Murray

You’ve got me a bit confused as to why we’re chickens. ? I think women don’t like to age either, that’s why the cosmetic industry is so big. For so long women have been disadvantaged by aging, say in the acting industry for example, where men were considered debonaire or distinguished when they went grey whereas women were seen as old hags. Fortunately, people like Jaimie Lee Curtis, Diane Keaton, Susan Sarandon and others are changing that perception slowly. For a long, long time women over 40 couldn’t even get work, especially in Hollywood, whereas men could well into old age.

Beauty does come from within. I’ve always known that and it’s also nice when people look after themselves and do the best they can with their bodies. I’m not sure what else you want me to say on that topic, Murray. Perhaps if you ask some questions, that might be clearer.

pingtimeout

Joined in 2009
January 9, 2010, 06:15

I think my own age is definitely young. 🙂 It helps in some ways that my line of work (broadly speaking, education) I am the youngest in the office. I also look younger than my age, people regularly assume I’m in my mid-late 20s until I tell them.

And Murrayd – definitely agreed. I’m told it actually gets better after I hit 40 as the guys my age now will by then have gotten over the pretty young things who can’t talk about anything interesting, are superficial and cheat on them. 😛

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.068 seconds.