Forums

A Strugglers Prayer - How Sad?

Page:   1 2

IanJ

Joined in 2009
August 1, 2010, 02:01

I wonder what ‘masculinity’ means???

Being overbearing, ‘tough’, silent, uncaring, withdrawn or manipulative might all seem easier than being honest, open and authentic, but I know from experience that it leads to many problems for yourself and those around you.

Just yesterday someone commented on my confidence in myself. I don’t believe I am arrogant- but I now have confidence in myself that I never had before. I know I am OK!

Ian

August 1, 2010, 17:18

As others have eluded to I think…true masculinity includes embracing any(all) “feminine” aspects…look at God (in my opinion) “He” has both masculine and feminine attributes.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 1, 2010, 23:54

I think this has such potential though to be a powerful prayer … in fact I could adopt it for myself once the word “masculinity” is replaced with “real identity” all though it. 🙂

Great thought ……..How is this Steve TL

The Strugglers Prayer (revisited)

God, please show me how to accept my past and be hopeful about my future.

Show me how to be more accepting of the gift of uniqueness that you have given me, and give me the courage to always use this gift with the God-given purpose that you designed it for…….to show your amazing creativity and that no matter how many billions of people there are on this planet there will never be another person like me.

Show me how to welcome the power of my uniqueness .

I forgive all those who have wronged me in the past, will work towards finding the hidden gift in every negative experience and embrace it. Help me to accept full responsibility for my life as a human being and not blame others for who I have become. You gave me the power to choose my response.

Show me how to love and respect others..

Assist me to respect and admire other people for their strengths, qualities and for who they are as people, for as I do this, I will be shown how I am even more like them; a human being on a journey of discovery.

Show me how to see myself as you do, equal to other people…no greater…..no lesser…. but that we are all one.

Show me how I can assist other people to be true to their God-given uniqueness …..and that as I shine my unique light, I encourage others to do the same and not submit to pressure from others to snuff out your divine gift.

I pray that you will deliver to me opportunities to demonstrate my authenticity, according to your true purpose for me.

Give me the courage to form lasting meaningful friendships with others that allow my authenticity to develop further.

Assist me to be respectful of my body and mind, and to ensure that I can deliver for you through my humanity, the purpose that you have designed for me.

I release my thoughts, feelings, desires and actions as a human being into your hands, only then will I be able to use fully the beautiful gift of life and uniqueness that you have given me.

Allow me to see, completely and truthfully, the gifts that you have given me, and help me to see myself through your loving eyes.

I know to trust you,

I accept my God-given uniqueness in your name, and with your guidance, and my faith in you, I will become the free and authentic person that you have destined me to be.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
August 2, 2010, 00:30

You know, both of the prayers, the original, and AVB’s revisited version made me cry, but for two very different reasons. I like the revisited version a lot!

WTG avb! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 2, 2010, 10:43

thanks mazdragon……I just did a little more editing……you know how that works….hehe.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 2, 2010, 13:52

I thought it quite profound that the two prayers made you cry….but for different reasons. Did you know that the chemical compositions of those tears would have been different.

danielgtaylor

Joined in 2008
August 3, 2010, 22:32

When I was a teenager, I’d stay up all night every Friday night, praying a similar prayer. I could never understand why, with all the prayer time, and the total faith I had in God, I was still gay.

I truly thank God that I’m past all that now.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 4, 2010, 12:36

yep…..and we thought the problem was with us or our lack of faith. It was like the doors of heaven were shut on that one prayer.

Eventually we wake up to the fact that asking God to make us straight is as stupid as asking God to change our hair colour or the shade of our eyes or adding an extra inch to our height. God would simply ignore prayers like that as well and reminds us to love who we are and focus on important things like helping the needy and treating others as we would want to be treated ourselves.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.056 seconds.