Forums

a tasmanians black shadow

Page:   1 2 3

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
June 28, 2014, 23:01

Hi rob7250

Sorry to hear that your counsellor left the organisation. Could you contact them to see if there is another counsellor who may be available?

Maybe we can think of developing a Tasmanian f2b chapter. We would need others from Tas to express interest in that idea though and one or two people to take the lead in it.

In answer to your earlier post questioning why God made Adam and Eve and not Adam and Steve, I personally do not believe that the creation story is meant to be taken literally. I think it is allegorical. I think it's possible that Adam and Eve may represent the masculine and feminine that is in us all and the need for balance in these qualities in the world, the need to work together in harmony. I am no biblical scholar although did a couple of bible studies units many years ago but I am sure there are many possible interpretations.

I hope things improve for you. Keep talking to us.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

rob7250

Joined in 2014
June 29, 2014, 15:37

Thank you anne maree,

since the last posting i have finally been put in contact with a Councillor and hopefully this week will be starting things again. It is funny that you mentioned a possibility maybe even the slightest chance that there would one day be freedom2b chapter in tasmania, i read the latest newsletter and felt quite frustrated and perplexed that there seemed to be chapters in most states, and nothing for us here, even though we are small i can't believe that there is not more people struggling with their faith and sexuality, its great to be able to access other organisations but when it comes to a persons faith no matter what faith if we feel we can not reach out to the church for support that we could have something physical we could meet and encourage each other in our journey in conjunction with our other support mechanisms.

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
June 29, 2014, 20:40

Rob – G'day! I well understand the challenge you feel. Although we have small monthly support meetings in four cities, it is simply not viable to have them everywhere. But, there are many in the "freedom2b family" (that includes you) who are scattered across Australia – plus some in NZ and other parts of the world – who can never attend a meeting.

One really good thing to do (if you haven't already) is to dig back through past pages of stories. There is a lot of encouragement there. Some will not be so relevant to your circumstance, but others will be spot-on!

There are many of us who have walked the journey you are on. And others have gone through similar dark passages, but eventually come through.

Getting hold of some of the books written by others who have reconciled their faith and sexuality can be helpful. Some are available as e-books which is much cheaper. There are plenty of good articles and testimonies available on-line – & some youtube items.

Not all counsellors are fully understanding of, or sympathetic to, the faith conflict we gay Christians have had to work through. There are some understanding counsellors / psychologists who can do Skype calls. But, we might be able to track down some useful material on the subject for your counsellor if necessary.

Given your isolation, we might be able to find another freedom2b person (not a counsellor) with whom you can chat via Skype. (Much cheaper than phone calls.) Regardless of what others (i.e., other Christians) may say and think, God still loves you and me and thousands of others in the same situation. Hang in there. God bless ~ david

davidt

Joined in 2009
July 2, 2014, 07:53

Hi Rob

I have sent you a private message wondering if you like to chat.

Take Care

In Him

David

rob7250

Joined in 2014
July 25, 2014, 17:08

I would like to share on a small step i took yesterday, and how small a place can be, i went to a lgbti community group last night six people turned up and one of the people knew me, it was something that had bothered me might happen, the meeting was interesting, and we went for a meal afterwards it was really enjoyable.

Mind you though i did not sleep well last night i think i was so wound up that someone knew me already and secondly i was just happy i took a step forward .

cheval319

Joined in 2014
July 26, 2014, 09:31

Well done, Rob.

Maybe the other person felt the same way!

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
July 28, 2014, 15:05

Good on you, Rob!

In a small place, you are bound to see someone you know in these settings. Perhaps you could acknowledge this to the other person and see if his/her reaction is the same, as per cheval319's comment. It could be a way to break the ice and establish something more in common.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

rob7250

Joined in 2014
August 6, 2014, 19:36

today is my day for spilling my guts, my mother is mentally ill has been for many years, everynow and then i get a phone call from her telling me how bad i am and how God is displeased with me because i will not take her crap. Well today she upped the anti, and spouted a lot of hurtful jibes that i was soulless and nothing i said would change that fact that my attitude to her is no different if marys mother did not try to get Jesus off the cross. I can hear you say what is she talking about. Even though it makes no sense it still hurts, and i have to stop hurting her feelings i was already having a hard day as i had decided to go an informal glbti music session and i really had to push against the tide to get myself to go so today has just been a bit much

cheval319

Joined in 2014
August 8, 2014, 19:14

Sorry to hear that Rob.

Please feel free to tell us. It does help.

Could be worth discussing with your counselor, too.

rob7250

Joined in 2014
September 10, 2014, 16:42

I wanted to share with you guys something that happened out of the blue today i get help with my shopping as having a physical disability, my helper had previously helped my pick out some nice clothes to go to a trivia night and i was wanting to get her help again in choosing some nice clothes to go to a diversity event which is happening in launceston in november which part of it is gay pride this she was not aware.

Then she asked what is it you are going to go to, and i was feeling more and more being edged into a corner , then she jokingly asked was i going to an adult type party and i said no then jokingly she said i want to know.

So then i "welcomed in"(i prefer that term to coming out) my sexuality and she said guess what, i have a gay son.

Its the first person in my circle of people that i have welcomed in , i am pleased and relieved her attitude towards me has not changed, she has offered any time to discuss any issues with her and her perspective as a mum with a gay son.

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.075 seconds.