Forums

Affirming Baptist Churches Melbourne

Page: 1

azza81

Joined in 2010
April 16, 2012, 11:15

Collins St Baptist 174 Collins St Melbourne workship times 10:30 am and 5pm 4th Sunday of each month Lunch on Level 4 or Narthex.

East Doncaster

South Yarra

Footscray

St Kilda

Brunswick

Box Hill

Ashburton

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 16, 2012, 16:07

Thanks azza81. I didn't know they had so many branches. This is good to know. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

mrg

Joined in 2010
April 17, 2012, 22:38

There's over 200 Baptist Churches in Victoria…

But a word of warning, each Baptist church is it's own governing body, so while one church might be affirming, the baptist church in the next suburb can be quite the opposite. Also, a church that might be affirming under one pastor, might not be when the next one arrives.

The list above is accurate at the moment. All of them have a reasonably long history of being affirming and are safe spaces for all the lgbtiq people that I know that attend them. However, please don't assume that every church that carried the title "baptist" is affirming.

I know at least one that isn't…;)

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
April 17, 2012, 23:57

Oops! .. .. .. I went looking for a "Like" button to your last posting, mrg. Then I remembered I wasn't still on Facebook !!!

Comment re Baptist churches probably also applies to other more evangelical-type churches (incl. pente/charo) – situations can change.

As I commented recently on another thread, it can be hard for those of us from 'non-conformist' type church backgrounds to adapt to those of other theological strands and different worship traditions – even 'though they tend to be more LGBTI-friendly.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.067 seconds.