magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
June 24, 2008, 08:58

Ditto on all of the above, you are an inspiration 😀

phil.evans777

Joined in 2007
June 26, 2008, 20:14

Hey Ben don’t forget to come to Freedom next Friday night… It’s going to be great. Lloyd, Luke, Rob and I are going to be there.

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
June 27, 2008, 01:11

Ok so,

Today I met up with my uni friends with a goal of letting them know my story. I couldn’t have ever imagined the day to turn out like it did.

At 10am I met up with the first two friends and it was difficult but I told my story and came out to them. They were moved by my story and offered love, support and encouragement. One of my friends said that she knew I was gay while my other mate said he also wanted to say something…….He was gay too!!

He told me that because of my courage and strength in coming out that he had the strength to do the same thing. I am so proud of him because I know that this will see him move forward. He is one of my really good friends and this would have been so difficult for him too. I am also so thankful to God because I don’t feel so alone any more and the support and encouragement my friends have offered me is so so amazing.

Isn’t it great that as we take a step of courage and step into the truth that others are also motivated to live true, authentic lives.

Later in the day I told two of my other friends who were also very very supportive and loving.

Everything seemed to go really well. Better than expected and I thank God for that. I was nervous and scared but I took a step out in a hope for the best and it turned out really well.

Who could’ve thought the day would turn out like it did or that I would be up to this stage of coming out and being true to myself.

Thank you everyone so much for giving me the hope that I needed. It has not only changed my life but is changing lives through me.

Praise God!!!

ps. I will be at the next f2b meeting for sure.

😀

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 27, 2008, 08:23

that is great news. Its not uncommon Ben when we face our fears and become open and honest with our friends and those around us that much of what we feared dissipates.

In most cases anyway…..and thats good news.

Did you get the emails I sent you……or did I send them to the wrong Ben

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
June 27, 2008, 08:33

Yes I did. I sent a reply late last night. Hopefully you’ve received it. If not, let me know and I’ll send it through again. 😀

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 27, 2008, 11:19

all good thanks….the technology is working. 😀

orfeo

Joined in 2007
June 27, 2008, 12:38

*Does a little happy dance*

Lol, you had much the same experience I did: of the first three people I told at work, two were bisexual.

So glad it’s been working out. I have a note in my diary to pray for you this weekend, by the way.

– Trevor

phil.evans777

Joined in 2007
June 27, 2008, 13:43

MATE that is UNREAL!!! Congratulations!!!

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
July 12, 2008, 14:46

Hey guys and gals,

My names Ben, I just turned 20 and I am a Christian and I am Gay.

Anyway. I love that this site exists. Thankyou so much!!

I am looking forward to getting to know you wonderful people better.

:)Ben G.

Hi Ben,

Welcome from a fellow newbie to this site 🙂 As avb says, its great to see a wide range of age groups represented here.

It was great to read of your coming out to friends. I’m still in the closet, but I will definately be drawing on your insights when I feel the time is right for me to come out – 20 years in the closet is a long time 😛

Cheers,

mobileguy

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.074 seconds.