Forums

Ben 20 - AOG Christian young man is coming out

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
August 30, 2008, 07:05

Hey Ben, will keep you in prayer for sure, we’ve all been through this too at some point and I know that has little impact right now but it is possible to get through, just hang in there.

Rivers

Joined in 2008
August 30, 2008, 11:09

Praying for you Ben. Love is with you. You are loved and accepted.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
August 30, 2008, 19:30

Ben, I am definitely praying for you and thinking of you. If it is any help at all, my podcast is always available with a message of encouragement. You can find it by clicking on the image in my signature on this message.

Blessings,

OutPentecostal

Joined in 2006
August 30, 2008, 21:28

Hang on in there Ben. Praying with you. You really do have the Spirit and his strength m8.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 31, 2008, 00:45

just sent you a text Ben.

danielgtaylor

Joined in 2008
August 31, 2008, 11:52

Welcome Ben:

Admire you taking these steps toward accepting yourself while continuing to maintain your faith.

Perhaps the best question you can ask yourself when considering whether to come out to someone is what’s the worst that could happen if it all went pear-shaped. Could you live with those consequences?

Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst puts you metres ahead of people who just go when it feels right.

Eventually, when you’re confident and you have a gay support network outside the church, you’re going to want to tell people. It’s only fair that the people in your life accept you.

All the best and God bless.

Daniel

orfeo

Joined in 2007
September 1, 2008, 13:15

Hold on, Benny.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
September 1, 2008, 20:07

Hang in there Ben, there’s always light at the end of every tunnel 😉

iain

Joined in 2006
September 1, 2008, 23:35

Although it seems like the best thing to do …especially when the stress is too, i don’t know …too overwhelming? You know that self-harm/suicide doesn’t REALLY create the solution you really want…

…you want the to live a life happy and not conflicted …let’s face it who doesn’t!

I don’t know your situation …but I can hazard a guess that there are quite a few people here on this forum that have been close to where you’re at. Be it failure to be the ‘right’ kind of gay/lesbian (no rule books for that one), failure to be spiritual enough (dare I suggest the Bible is not the only book for this one), losing your best friends, failure to be the ‘right’ kind of boyfriend (‘Velvet Rage’ comes as close to a rule book you’ll ever get) or be it the right career in a wrong Christian workplace (there might be a story on this forum about this 😉 )…..

….we all feel your journey because it’s ours too.

You have an ‘exceptional’ life and the privilege of a new chapter (some of us has taken way too long to get to the same chapter!).

…and, let’s face it, you may not want a CV that appear TOO Christian anyway!?!? lol!

Ben you are an amazing man!

…time to keep your eyes on the great possibilities for you!

😀

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
November 2, 2008, 12:48

Hey Ben, hows things? Hope all is OK with you …

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.082 seconds.