Forums

Bruno......yeh ok, what do you think?

Page: 1

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
July 2, 2009, 17:29

I saw Bruno on Rove (laughed my head off, especially at Roves loose knitted bits 😆 ) and also seen him on tv here and there. Sure he is being stereotypical and such but he has raised a few eyebrows in the gay community as well as some tempers, what do you think of Sashas new venture?

Personally he cracks me up even if he is a bit crude at times and annoying(a bit like borat) but i noticed at least he has brought some attention in a backhanded way, in that the media is taking notice of gay men who dont fit the obvious gay stereotype, that gay men are just your everyday jo blo down the road as one gay man who is upset by Bruno said, since he was concerned the average heterosexual might think gay men are alllllll Bruno’s.

oooooo

Joined in 2006
July 2, 2009, 19:47

i am not a fan but …. i do not think we or anyone should over react to such. I appreciate in the light of glbt rights etc that are still being worked towards and won, some may see that such are out of order but to me, few people will think all glbt are like bruno

it is no different to anyone else that such comedy ‘takes off’.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
July 2, 2009, 21:17

Bruno? yeh he’s HOT …… NOT 😉 😀 😆

I agree with Tez. There will always be people who, because of guys like Bruno in the media frequently, will associate that type of behaviour with your average glbt folk. The stereotyping doesn’t help either. Its like the mardi gras when the media only focus on the sensationalist elements of the parade and conveniently forget about the rest 😕

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
July 3, 2009, 07:51

Bruno? yeh he’s HOT …… NOT

😆 😆 😆

iamthenormal

Joined in 2009
August 8, 2009, 21:18

I can understand that what Sascha Baron Cohen had set out to do with this film, make evident people’s predjudices and pre-exsisting ideas and present them in a way many people believe to be humourous. I do think it’s scary though, when I take a look at film review websites and find people saying things like “It was a real insight into the lives of gay men”. That scares me something fierce.

Personally I wasn’t a fan though…just because I got bored half-way in.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 9, 2009, 00:41

Possibly he demonstrated how stupid people can be……it was quite scary to thing that mother was planning on reducing her babys weight…..just to get the gig.

Maybe stupidity is spread more broadly then we think.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.1 seconds.