Forums

Bust a Barrier; Smash a Stereotype

Page: 1

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
July 17, 2009, 19:10

I had a flash of inspiration yesterday 😀

Bust a Barrier; Smash a Stereotype

Why don’t we start a thread where we can share testimonies about overcoming daily obstacles that you might have faced as a GLBT person. This would be different to our main stories that we share elsewhere on the forum, and focus on specific personal victories that you may have had recently eg an end to discrimination at work, educating a friend about GLBT issues etc etc.

It would be interesting to hear your stories 😀

gettingthere

Joined in 2008
July 19, 2009, 15:03

I really like this idea. Unfortunately, I can’t think of anything at the moment. But I do really like this idea. Nice to focus on the positives instead of the negatives. 🙂

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
July 19, 2009, 21:50

Great brainwave Mobileguy 😉 its great reading about mountains conquered but what happens in the plains and foothills are vital too 😀

I have a story from last January, its simple but all it takes is one to get the ball rolling…….I was in rehab. for my MS for 2 weeks(multiple sclerosis) and befriended a deaf woman next to me(actually have a lot to tell about other unrelated stuff too 😉 ), anyhow her husband happened to bring something up about Homosexuality and paedophilia, well an opportunity presented and since we had become friends we just chatted and I helped him see that homosexuals are not paedophiles, that mostly 99.9% of the time they are either married or straight and its children that appeal to them not necessarily a gender although it falls into that at times, well he said he was thankful for the enlightenment and never knew, he will also never judge a gay man disgusting again……I have others but that to me was a biggie, he was very convinced until we chatted…….Praise God for opportunities and the right words to say 😀

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
July 20, 2009, 19:26

Great brainwave Mobileguy 😉 its great reading about mountains conquered but what happens in the plains and foothills are vital too 😀

Yep, sometimes it’s the little things adding up that make a difference in our lives. Small steps first, then progressively bigger steps 😆

I saw a quote recently that I’ve been thinking about quite a bit of late. It may even have originated on the forum, so my apologies if it’s already been used here;

Normal is a cycle on a washing machine.

We can aim for the mediocre, or we can aim for the extraordinary … I know which one I’m aiming for 8)

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
July 20, 2009, 20:18

Normal is a cycle on a washing machine

I like it 😉

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.053 seconds.