Forums

Calling all Freedom 2 b people in the Canberra region!

Page: 1

FreeinChrist88

Joined in 2011
March 7, 2014, 17:55

Hello fellow Freedom 2 b people!

My name is Joel, and I live in Canberra. I think I have met some of you at last month's F2b meeting in Sydney. I have put this post up on the forum after some discussion with David (F2b secretary) about the need to start a Freedom 2 b group here in Canberra. Most of you will have read my story on the forum here: 'Married, getting divorced and come out all before I turn 26'

I, like many of you have gone through tremendous heartache coming to terms with what it means to be a GLBTI person of faith. I have met a number of people from the ACT region, who have shared my struggles, and have found it difficult to know where to turn to for support.

I have been praying for some months now about the possibility of starting a F2b group here in Canberra, and I would love to take this opportunity to invite fellow F2b people in the ACT region to connect with me, and with each other as a first step.

If you live in the Canberra region, or know of someone who does who might like to get involved, please feel free to contact me through this forum, or by phone or email.

[email protected]

Phone: 0419 700 491

Together we have the potential to save lives, prevent harm, and empower GLBTI people of faith in the ACT region and beyond!

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
March 10, 2014, 21:20

This is fantastic news Joel! I'm sure there will be many others who will benefit from a freedom2b chapter in Canberra. I love your vision and your heart to help and support others.

Praying for you mate and I support you in this! 🙂

Ben

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
March 11, 2014, 22:25

Hi Joel

Thanks for 'putting the idea out there' to see if there is some interest in Canberra. It's certainly a nice idea to connect with others in your area. Let's hopefully see a new chapter there some time in the the not to distant future.

Michelle

FreeinChrist88

Joined in 2011
March 12, 2014, 22:32

Thank you so much Guys!

How awesome it would be to have a Freedom 2 b group in the CAPITAL CITY of the GREAT SOUTH LAND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT!!

To all the closeted people of faith here in Canberra region, I say to you:

You are not evil, you are not an abomination, you are not sick, perverted, or possessed by demons, and you are not afflicted with a sexual curse.

You are what you are, and you ain't what you ain't. It is not an oxymoron, or a contradiction in terms to be a person of faith and GLBTI.

Knowing and accepting the truth about who and what we are sets us free! It sets us free from depression, anxiety, self loathing, internalized homophobia, shame, condemnation, fakery and fear! It sets us free to fulfill our full potential in life! I am a living breathing testimony to this!

(Feel free to read my story on this forum: 'Married, getting divorced, and come out all before I turn 26.'

If you're in the ACT region and would like to connect with me, send me an email: [email protected]

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.082 seconds.