Forums

Can I please say sorry?

Page: 1

Suzee

Joined in 2011
July 9, 2011, 20:55

Hi to all of you wonderful people in the GLBT community.

As a hetrosexual Christian who has come to see glbt people in a new light, I would like to offer my sincere apologies to everyone here who has been hated, judged, victimized or discriminated against. I speak on behalf of religious people and Christians who have acted out of ignorance to cause offense or hurt.

I am deeply sorry. I admit I have held views and opinions which were based upon a total lack of understanding, for which I’m ashamed. Now that I’m informed I see things so differently.

I want to offer my support and love. Thank you for reaching out to people like us, with patience, and giving of your time and knowledge to help educate us out of our ignorance. :O

We are all loved and accepted by God, who is Love. You are my brothers and sisters in Christ. I look forward to getting to know my new friends, and being an advocate for glbt people in the Christian circles I’m a part of.

Bless you all so much 🙂

Suzee

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
July 10, 2011, 08:41

Suzee – Hello! What a delightful post. Thank you for your kind words. There is no doubt that ignorance is the biggest problem. And it can be a two-way thing. Some LGBTI people (sadly, including some LGBTI Christians) are equally as guilty of intemperate outbursts towards those they don’t understand.

We all need to show love,acceptance and forgiveness as we seek to understand the truth and overcome the ignorance. God forgives you and so do we. May God bless you as you join us on our journey of discovery.

RaulG

Joined in 2010
July 10, 2011, 23:06

Querido Suzee,

To quote Willy Wonka, “So shines a good deed in a weary world”.

In asking forgiveness, are we shown forgiveness and in asking for wisdom do we make others wise. Yours is the kind

of spirit and compassion that inspires me in my faith. For that and your open heart, I thank you.

May God bless you abundantly

Yours in Christ,

Raul

Graham Douglas-Meyer

Joined in 2009
July 11, 2011, 00:32

Suzee,

thank you for your humility; it is a blessing both to me and I believe from God to you. There are often people whose minds and hearts have changed (much like the 12 lepers who were healed and only one returned to Jesus) but few who take the time to actually voice their sorrow.

Your work to help enlighten the hearts and minds of other brothers and sisters who are still misled about GLBTI people and God’s love for them; like anyone; just as they are; is both welcome and I pray that it is blessed abundantly with a hundredfold return on your generosity and Love.

Pax

Graham

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
July 11, 2011, 00:57

Hi Suzee

Welcome to f2b! It’s wonderful to have you with us. How did you hear of our site?

Thanks for your openness and kindness and for taking the time to share a part of your journey here. 🙂

It’s always encouraging to me when people change to become more loving. Your growth in that direction renews my faith in humankind, so thank you! 🙂 Your actions have also inspired me to remain open minded to those on the outer everywhere; to those who most need to be loved.

Raul said:

To quote Willy Wonka, “So shines a good deed in a weary world.

I love that quote and the way he says it in the movie. So poignant. Thanks for reminding me of it, Raul. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Suzee

Joined in 2011
July 11, 2011, 09:19

Thanks forestgrey for your kind reply. Thank you so much for extending forgiveness towards me, I appreciate that.

Bless you 😀

Suzee

Joined in 2011
July 11, 2011, 09:28

I’m so blessed by all the replies I’ve received…thanks guys. 😀

I sense warm and loving hearts, and feel encouraged. I do want to help people to be informed and to be able to show love and acceptance to all people.

If I can do something that prevents a glbt person from harm or misery, I will have succeeded.

If someone can come to believe that they are not sick or wrong, and God accepts and loves them, I will be happy.

This is a mission.

Blessings 🙂

Suzee

Joined in 2011
July 11, 2011, 09:35

Ann Maree, I came to this site after making friends with some amazing people on facebook, and joining freedom 2 b(e) on fb. :bigsmile:

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
July 11, 2011, 16:46

Hi Suzee,

So good to have you on the site and part of the F2B family. They are a great bunch of people, so accepting, loving and supportive, it’s great to have someone as passionate as you as a supporter and advocate for the LGBT community. The more people that speak out and stand up and be counted will changed the minds and hearts of the church.

God Bless

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.062 seconds.