Forums

coming back to the site/ letting people know me / opening up

Page: 1

joshua thomas

Joined in 2011
August 19, 2011, 20:11

hi so my name is Joshua Thomas.

im 22, living in Tasmania, ive known that i was gay when i was very young, i didn’t tell people tell i was 16, for the most of the early years of my life i was ok with being gay i didn’t see it as wrong.

but i started going to church when i was 17, not long after joining a church and coming to know god i was told i must change and i tried so hard with no result, so i had try for 2 years and no out come so i had tried to take my own life. i soon after leaving church i gave up on god, believing he was far away from me and never wanted me.

years past without me thinking of god, till last aug when i came back to church and following god, once again the church was trying to make me change and even was going to pay for me to go to a ex gay camp in usa, i still sometimes struggle with being ok with myself sometimes i still question is it really ok to be gay?

well at the point in my life right now, i still am not too sure what to believe but i cant help but think i am meant to be gay its just the way god made me, so im leaving my old church and moving to melb to be apart of a safe gay church mcc.

i would be very much happy if people could please pray for me, for healing to deal with this.

thank you for reading this.

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
August 20, 2011, 00:08

Jayden – we (here at Freedom2b) are all on a journey of discovery and reconciliation in respect to faith and sexuality. We are all at varous places on that journey. I know from personal experience, from reading past posts, and from chatting with other guys at Chapter meetings, that many others here are at, or have been at, the same place you are presently find yourself.

Be encouraged that you are on the right track. It’s not always a smooth journey, but it is well worth it. This is a great place where we can share and learn from each other. May God reveal His truth to you – despite sad ignorance about what God thinks on the part of others in your life. (I have a fond spot for Tassie as I started school there.)

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
August 20, 2011, 14:24

Hi Jaydenthomas

Welcome to f2b!

I agree with forestgrey that those of us here are at various points in the journey toward reconciling our faith and sexuality. I think it’s worth emphasising too that you don’t have to be at a certain point or have any particular beliefs to be here. 🙂

When you’ve settled in Melboure, feel free to check out the monthly chapter meetings on the 3rd Fri of the month in Sth Yarra. It’s a lovely way to meet supportive and like-minded others and they’re a friendly bunch.

All the best for your move to Melbourne. It’s a great place to live. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Roger

Joined in 2010
August 21, 2011, 18:39

Hi Jaydenthomas!!

It’s great to hear about you reaching out for a new place..!! We all have to do that inorder to keep it fresh sometimes, and keep steping toward a life of freedom and self acceptance,,

It can get a bit fuzzy in the transition, and may take longer than you would like it to.. But KEEP GOING!!..Your doing great!!

I too have struggled with the church… It’s getting so much better for me now, as I have accepted that they don’t understand the fact that I’m gay. One thing that helps me is focusing on the future and not the past.. Keep going and you will step into your freedom bro…!!

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
October 10, 2011, 20:47

Hi Jaydenthomas,

Welcome to F2B, so many on this forum have been in similar situations as you, F2B is a great place for support, encouragement, acceptance, and love.

Hope the move to Melbourne works out great for you, as mentioned there is a chapter in Melbourne, they have loads of fun, be great to check it out.

God Bless

RaulG

Joined in 2010
October 11, 2011, 07:43

Querido Joshua,

I’m glad you found us. I always find it frustrating when those who claim to speak for the Body of Christ reject our GLBT brothers and sisters. It is especially infuriating when they claim that the Bible supports their homophobia. The truth is that they are wrong on both counts (http://www.whosoever.org/bible/).

The Lord created you this way. Your homosexuality is as much a part of his beautiful handiwork as the heart that beats in your chest. He created you this way and loves you as his child.

Welcome, Joshua. As a heterosexual brother in the faith, I welcome to this place. Welcome home.

Yours in Christ,

Raul

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
October 17, 2011, 12:12

Hi Jaydenthomas

I’m just wondering if you’ve moved to Melbourne yet and how things are with you..

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.064 seconds.