Forums

Coming out at church

Page:   1 2

mel10

Joined in 2010
July 19, 2011, 18:06

So i posted on here a little while ago about coming out to my church leaders and was overwhelmed by the support u guys showed me.

the next step for me was to give my testimony at church and come out to the wider congregation which i did this sunday the 17th just been.

To say i was nervous was an understatement but as i started to speak people started smiling at me, there were tears there was laughter but most of all there was love and acceptence. i was both humbled and blessed by this. i had people coming up to me after telling me they had gay children or knew someone struggling with their sexuality and how proud they were of me for doing what i did.

I know alot of people on here have been severly damaged by the church and it breaks my heart that in this day and age it continues, i plan on preaching my message of unconditional love in any chuch that will have me to bring about a change of attitude and heart in the community, because when it comes right down to it god is love and anyone who preaches differently has the message wrong.

Sending a big lot of love and prayers to you all

xx

cal87

Joined in 2011
July 19, 2011, 18:46

Well done! You have a lot more guts than I do. Coming out to my Christian brothers and sisters is gonna be my biggest hurdle I think. It’s good to hear others are taking the risk and getting such welcoming responses.

Cal87

Chris
Administrator
Joined in 2009
July 19, 2011, 18:55

Well this is the best news I’ve heard all day.

I don’t think I would be able to stand up in front of my church and do that, and it’s a pretty small church.

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
July 19, 2011, 19:43

Hi Mel10, what a lovely response by your church! It must be both encouraging and a relief to have support after taking such a big step. As you rightly acknowledge not everyone has a response like you did but we continue to hope and challenge where we are able.

Well done and I’m glad you had a positive experience.

Michelle 🙂

Suzee

Joined in 2011
July 19, 2011, 20:26

Wow…what a brave girl you are. I just want to hug you.

And what a lovely church family you have there. God bless them for being so supportive and accepting.

God loves you BIG! 🙂

mrg

Joined in 2010
July 19, 2011, 20:55

Nice job Mel. Well done!

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
July 19, 2011, 21:32

Wow Mel that is so wonderful, you are so courageous and brave to come out at church is such a public way. Coming out while giving your testimony has shown to your church God’s love, grace and his guiding hand on your life. 

Mel you are a wonderful testament to everyone in your church, I’m sure you have given hope and strength to anyone who is struggling or going through a hard time. 

God bless

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
July 19, 2011, 22:39

Woohoo! Awesome. :bigsmile:

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
July 20, 2011, 13:04

Hi Mel

I love hearing stories like this one. It’s a great testimony both to your courage and the love in your church. 🙂 🙂 🙂

And as you have already found, your disclosure will have far reaching healing for those who are closetted or unable to talk about the subject for fear of not being accepted. You’ve helped make your own and others’ gayness less taboo while giving an opportunity for love to be shown. Both things are huge.

Congratulations to you and also to your church!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
August 20, 2011, 14:29

Hi Mel

I didn’t get the links but would love to read your testimony. 🙂

Can you post them again?

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.053 seconds.