magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
April 21, 2009, 13:36

love your honesty shane 😉

Cornelius

Joined in 2006
April 21, 2009, 20:54

So where does a nice gay Christian go when they DO want to cruize/be cruized? Any gay Christian bars around?

Or are you saying let relationships flow out of friendships?

JR

Joined in 2008
April 22, 2009, 06:36

The same place straight Christians go… church camps. I kid, I kid 😀

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 23, 2009, 17:05

I’m going to make a public confession and say that when I first started going to Freedom 2 Be, one of my main goals was to find someone to have a relationship with, and that priority blinded me to the importance of building friendships which are way more important, especially if you need support from those who have been through similar journeys. I put it down to immaturity I had in first coming out.

A few months down the track and I’m very proud to have built some amazing friendships that are far more valuable to me than any agenda I once had. Offering support and listening to the struggles other people have has become my focus…and guess what? People aren’t threatened by that!

Thats great theshane……you’ve given me additional insight in your response.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 23, 2009, 17:06

So where does a nice gay Christian go when they DO want to cruize/be cruized? Any gay Christian bars around?

Or are you saying let relationships flow out of friendships?

what do you think Cornelius?

Whats your goal…..sex, partner or a relationship

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
August 8, 2009, 21:51

I’m going to bring this thread back up the list, since there seems to be a renewed interest in sexuality.

I can remember a pastor in my old church giving a talk about sex and the biological responses it elicits. He said that it actually shuts down that part of the brain which governs a persons ability to reason (he was talking in the context of pre-marital sex which is beside the point) …

In the context of this thread, it makes absolutely perfect sense for an organisation such as Freedom2[be] which supports GLBTIQ people to have a “cruise-free” environment, because we need to be free to make logical and reasonable decisions that are in our best interests, and not to be distracted by sexual overtones that can affect our ability to make these decisions …

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 9, 2009, 00:36

I guess mobileguy I know more stories of those who attend than anyone else…….and I’m aware that people attend the meetings….and it would be the same in the forum…..who are still very much sorting things out.

Am I gay

Is it okay to be gay

What does it mean to be gay

can I be gay and a christian.

these are really important questions.

So…..they certainly don’t need to have someone come on to them…..or pressure…..i see them as a good catch or potential partner.

they are not there for sex….they are there for help, support, connection, information.

Meyerink

Joined in 2009
August 9, 2009, 19:41

i would agree that a “cruise free zone” is the way to go. But also agree with a previous comment of where do you meet another gay christian?

I totally agree that sex just gets in the way of building a good relationship, and should be way down the list within a committed relationship.

But when it comes to finding that true partner that shares your beliefs, I think you can start building those relationships with people you meet here. and not a relationship built totally online, but rather one that is built attending combined services. Just like my church runs a singles group monthly to help singles connect with each other, I dont see a problem with f2b being the connection point for something similar. At the end of the day if you give people somewhere to start those relationships then they wont be invading other space where you have the hurt, broken, and mending.

and to make it clear. I’m not here to hookup or snag myself a good lookin man, but to build great friendships with awesome people. If down the track one of those friendships leads to more then that would be great. But that is not my purpose and focus.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
August 9, 2009, 20:36

they are not there for sex….they are there for help, support, connection, information.

… and thats exactly why I became a member of Freedom2b[e] 😀

i would agree that a “cruise free zone” is the way to go. But also agree with a previous comment of where do you meet another gay christian?

There are opportunities for friendships to be made in volunteering and giving your time to organisations which support GLBT people.

Meyerink

Joined in 2009
August 9, 2009, 20:54

There are opportunities for friendships to be made in volunteering and giving your time to organisations which support GLBT people.

of course there can be. But keeping in mind a whole lot of these organisations dont support the culture of christianity. but to say that same opportunities dont exist here wouldnt be true. Again, I agree that we need to feel safe in the forum here and not feel like we are being “stalked” by another user persuing a relationship. f2b is all about doing life together and sharing experiences to help each other. thus forming great friendships. and these friendships have the possibility to become more. which is what i dont have a problem with.

Where the problem lies is people wanting to skip all the steps and going straight from meeting online here to wanting to date or hookup. this isnt what i’m talking about. because this is what could cause the problems that we are afraid of. But a natural flow of meeting, friendship to relationship is completely healthy I think.

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.11 seconds.