Forums

Cruise Free Zone - WHY!

Page:   1 2 3

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 8, 2009, 14:55

In our guidelines it says

1. FREEDOM 2 B(e) is a safe place. That means you are welcome and we will do all we can to respect your rights which, if you choose, include your anonymity. Our website, online forum and meetings are free of a sexual agenda. (ie cruise free zones)

2. FREEDOM 2 B(e) is non judgmental. We make no judgment about the way you live your life or express your sexual orientation. You are responsible to live your life in ways that demonstrate respect to yourself and others.

3. FREEDOM 2 B(e) has no agenda. It is not our intention to get people to leave churches or go back to them or tell them what they should believe. That is your decision and journey. Our only intention is to provide a space for people to grow and resolve any issues they may have about their sexuality and/or their beliefs. Once again the choices are yours.

4. FREEDOM 2 B(e) is a place of integrity. To maintain a powerful voice that has credibility we seek to maintain a high standard of integrity in all we do and say. FREEDOM 2 B(e) leaders follow guidelines that ensure our integrity is evident.

WHY?

What do you think?

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
April 8, 2009, 20:42

By focusing on the real issues that need to be addressed such as reconciliation, healing, faith etc, we give ourselves a far greater chance of achieving our desired outcome/s. If we had to contend with issues such as people looking to cruise, we risk being side-tracked away from our goals and possibly being further hurt by unnecessary sexual advances.

The fact that we can come together as a group with a common purpose also brings additional benefits through encouraging and supporting each other in our different journeys 😀

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 8, 2009, 20:56

thats good mobileguy…….i wonder what others think

oooooo

Joined in 2006
April 8, 2009, 21:11

It is essential to have a “safe zone”. i heard today that facebook is even being used for “cruising” so it is essential that safe zones exist. It is not as though there are not plenty of zones where people can cruise.

This site was established for people who have been hurt discouraged and feel distant to whatever degree to start/continue their healing instead of remaining hurt and isolated. So it is essential this site remains a “safe zone”.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 9, 2009, 09:59

yes thanks Tez……..anyone else got any thoughts

orfeo

Joined in 2007
April 9, 2009, 12:55

This might come across a pithy answer that needs expanding, but…

I think that F2B is as much about carving out a different place in the gay world as it is about carving out a different place in the Christian world.

The internet already has quite enough sites for ‘cruising’. It can actually be quite frustrating when that it what dominates. One of my gay friends is someone I met on the internet in a ‘chatroom’ that was specifically FOR chatting, as distinct from another room that was for cruising. We first talked after he cried out in frustration that there was nothing but cruising going on in the chat room.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 9, 2009, 14:43

i think you are right orfeo……many of the guys who attend our meetings have said how much they appreciate the unique space. Its almost a relief to find somewhere where they WON’T be hit on. that way you can just get straight down to friendship.

there are two sides to this cruising thing that we can talk about here and why we set up a cruize free zone.

firstly the person doing the cruizing…..secondly the person being cruized.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
April 11, 2009, 09:12

lordy, the times I have had someone be a shoulder with a hidden “hit on” agenda 🙄 We indeed need a space where people genuinely care and want to connect in friendship and any sign of affection isnt driven by a sexual thing behind it. Plenty of cyber and cruise spaces out there, refreshing to have a place like F2B. 😀

Shane Cathcart
Event Coordinator
Joined in 2009
April 21, 2009, 10:46

I’m going to make a public confession and say that when I first started going to Freedom 2 Be, one of my main goals was to find someone to have a relationship with, and that priority blinded me to the importance of building friendships which are way more important, especially if you need support from those who have been through similar journeys. I put it down to immaturity I had in first coming out.

A few months down the track and I’m very proud to have built some amazing friendships that are far more valuable to me than any agenda I once had. Offering support and listening to the struggles other people have has become my focus…and guess what? People aren’t threatened by that!

Sandy

Joined in 2007
April 21, 2009, 12:10

This isn’t quite as pious as everyone elses answers but I imagine sitting around with a bunch of gay men who are hitting on each other would be uncomfortable for me as a lesbian and the same for the men I’m sure. If you want to welcome both groups then a no-cruise zone is a must because gay men and lesbians tend to have very different ideas about what is attractive and what would send them running in the oppisite dirrection. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss when it comes to the oppisite sex. 😆 😆

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.096 seconds.