do you have a favourite?

Page: 1

frogger

Joined in 2005
January 23, 2009, 18:38

What is your favourite bible verse???

I have a few

philippians 3

12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

… cause it reminds me to kick myself in the butt every now and then

I also like verses that bring us back to quietness… psalm 23 and the like

and i like for all have sinned and fall short and are justified FREELY by his grace through the redemption that came through christ jesus our Lord

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
January 23, 2009, 20:08

I love Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the thoughts I have for you, says the LORD. Thoughts of good and not of evil, to give you a hope and a future.

bec_oz

Joined in 2006
January 24, 2009, 10:04

Ohhh love a bible verse thread…Psalm 91 has always been my fav, my youth leader suggested I read it when I was about 15 and I am amazed how it has continued speaking to and impacting me through the years.

gettingthere

Joined in 2008
January 24, 2009, 13:45

My life verse is Psalm 118:6.

The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? (KJV)

I find it to be just the most beautiful verse…

It starts by saying that the Lord is on my side. Isn’t it great to realize that God isn’t out trying to destroy you, but to help you?

Then it says I will not fear. Now that we’ve established that God is for us, we can now know that we don’t have to be afraid anymore. Why? Because of the last part, what can man do unto me? If God is on our side, why do we have to be afraid of what other people can do? As I like to say, fear is what happens when God becomes smaller than your problems. So long as we continue to stay with him, we can always be assured that God is for us and will watch over us always. 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 26, 2009, 14:16

Job 23:10

For he has knowledge of the way I take; after I have been tested I will come out like gold.

Esther 4:14

f at this time you say nothing, then help and salvation will come to the Jews from some other place, but you and your father’s family will come to destruction: and who is to say that you have not come to the kingdom even for such a time as this?

Luke 4:18

The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because I am marked out by him to give good news to the poor; he has sent me to make well those who are broken-hearted; to say that the prisoners will be let go, and the blind will see, and to make the wounded free from their chains, and to announce the year of the Lord’s favor.

nicky-jay

Joined in 2008
January 27, 2009, 08:07

My all time fave has to be Psalms 139 – the whole thing, but particulalry vs 17-18:

“How precious are your thoughts unto me oh God. How great is the sum of them. If I should count them they are more in number than the sand…”

Love it!!!!

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
January 28, 2009, 19:59

Romans 14:17-19

“For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit. Because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men. Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification”

Revelation 22:17

“The Spirit and the bride say, Come! And let him who hears say Come! Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.”

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.072 seconds.