Forums

Doco of Orchids: My Intersex Adventure on ABC1 29/01/12 at 10 pm

Page: 1

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 11, 2012, 12:02

Hi Everyone

There is an excellent documentary called 'Orchids: My Intersex Adventure' showing on 29/01/12 on ABC1 at 10 pm.

This was shown at the Melbourne Queer Film Festival last year and has my friend, Andie, in it.

I was really impressed with every aspect of the production, including the humour and sensitivity with which the subject matter was dealt with.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

sarab

Joined in 2011
January 26, 2012, 14:29

Hi Ann Maree and all,

I happened to wake in the wee small hours this morning – and caught an interview on radio national's life matters with the film maker of My Intersex adventure. Phoebe was so articulate and generous with her story. I will definitely be tuning in to watch the doco on Sunday night.

This is the link to listen to the audio of the interview.

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/lifematters/phoebe-hart/3790854

Regards,

Sarab

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
January 26, 2012, 15:04

Same here. I look forward to seeing it and learning more.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 29, 2012, 20:51

Hi sarab

Thanks for the link and for your interest. Thanks Ben too.

Just a reminder to anyone who's interested that 'Orchids: My Intersex Adventure' is on tonight at 10 pm on ABC1. My friend, Andie, features briefly alongside Tony. (And she'll be mortified that I've said that..However I'm really proud of her for being in the film and for the film itself).

Blessings,

Ann Maree

sarab

Joined in 2011
January 29, 2012, 21:29

Sitting here doing some work ready to watch it Ann Maree. Will look out for your friend 🙂

Sarab

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
January 30, 2012, 00:29

Taped it. May not get to watch it for a few weeks. It had good review in the TV Guide today.

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
January 30, 2012, 21:55

HI Ann Maree,

We taped the doco last night, my hubby and I just finished watching it. Was very educational and interesting. We both thought this should be shown in schools. Very brave of all the people involved to share their stories. They have all been through so much, yet had a positive outlook on life. Was really nice to see that James and Phoebe got a nice gift at the end, was a really a beautiful story.

God Bless

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 31, 2012, 16:43

Hi Mother Hen

Glad you found it interesting and educational. And thanks for watching it!

I find it amazing to think that 1 in 100 people have an intersex condition! And there are hundreds of intersex conditions. (I think I got those stats right?)

When I attended the premiere, I was very moved by peoples' responses and comments during and after the Q & A session. A yearr 10 teacher approached Andie and I to say that he was moved by the doco and Andie's contribution. He also said that he had been teaching students for years that there are more than 2 genders. He said he would be using that doco as part of his teaching in future. I thought: 'Wow! This man will be positively affecting thousands of kids, helping them be more open, sensitive and educated. What a powerful outcome.'

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.055 seconds.