Forums

Early 20s Brisbane guy on a journey

Page:   1 2

davidt

Joined in 2009
December 11, 2010, 21:44

Another Queenslander here. Married for 40 years on 19th Dec. I will never leave her, but it is difficult. Nothing has changed in all that time. You did the right thing.

Can you imagine being in a gay marriage for 40 years? Absolutely. Not a problem.

Boi70

Joined in 2007
December 29, 2010, 22:05

It is great to see how many QLDers are with Freedom2B. It will be great to meet each of you when we do get a chapter up here in Brisbane – hopefully in 2011. 🙂

It definitely makes it easier knowing that we have others who understand where we have been or are at, as we come to terms with being both gay and Christian – after years trying to comform to a ‘Christianity’ that was in conflict with who we truly were. Amongst my friends – I have a couple of friends who came from pentecostal churches like I did. And one of the things, that I really like about those particular friendships, is being able to sometimes discuss God in terms, where you don’t have to be explaining yourself or what this word or that saying means. And they so understand the struggles & the disappointments and all the other feelings that we go through.

And I can totally understand what it means to keep Jesus there in your life, even as you steer clear of ‘organised’ religion and all that it represents, and as we question a lot of the other things that ‘made up’ Christianity. While I haven’t always spoken to him, or picked up a bible, I have never doubted that he was still there. 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 30, 2010, 01:32

just sent a reminder to the board

Stavanger

Joined in 2009
December 30, 2010, 12:25

Hello again everyone! I would be happy to be part of an attempt to get a chapter going in Brisbane now that I’ve just moved there from the back and beyond! Let’s throw around a few ideas and see if we can make it happen. Happy New Year. Mick.

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
December 30, 2010, 12:29

hehe. I know a fair few people who are keen on getting together on a more regular basis. I think something will happen whether F2B is in it or not! lol.

Be sure to let us know, once things are ready, what we can do to help! 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 30, 2010, 13:41

I will certainly keep you posted.

most likely would kick off the weekend by doing this in Brisbane.

http://lgbttraining.blogspot.com/p/hccrtc-seminar.html

and this with community groups.

http://lgbttraining.blogspot.com/p/community-training.html

make a full weekend of it

Boi70

Joined in 2007
December 30, 2010, 20:16

I have had a look at the subjects via the links. I am keen to participate in the workshops.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 31, 2010, 13:54

Possibly it would be good to get on my newsletter list…….as the workshops and other news is in those. I sort of where several hats. one being co-founder and convenor of freedom 2 b[e]…..another being an ambassador and bridge builder for the LGBT community……..and educator

you can sign up here if you like.

http://visitor.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=001PhdQ1BjzXNRXvX2B5laS2Q%3D%3D

jut check the appropriate boxes

Boi70

Joined in 2007
December 31, 2010, 18:53

ok. I’ve done as suggested. 🙂

greengoose

Joined in 2010
January 4, 2011, 17:26

Thanks Pierre, myfanwe, davidt, boi70 and stavanger!

Hope u had a great Christmas and new year.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.065 seconds.