Forums

ex Pentecostal UPC/now gay Christian My Story.

Page: 1

peter aylmore

Joined in 2009
October 25, 2009, 14:41

I was 16 when I found Jesus. I Loved the Pentecostal experience.

I was always gay as long as I could remember. I was told one day that Jesus loved me and would “cure” me of my sins. I can stop being gay.

I was more interested in the fact that someone loved me unconditionally.

For two years I went along worshiping and Loving God to the best I could, on the occasionI would “backslide” as it was called. but still sought God’s Love and forgivenss. I still struggled daily with who I really was.

I kept denying that I was gay, but still loved Jesus. There was so much conflict.

I went to America and went to a Bible School in St. Paul Minnesota. ABI.

Still loving God, but struggling with my sexuality. The torment, of asking God why. I began to Blame God for making me the way He did.

I came back to Australia, was encouraged to start a Church, which I did.

I found along the way that I was being “forced” into getting married by my Pastor, as it was not healthy being single. They knew that “I was” Gay before. ( They thought my life had changed) But still I struggled.

I felt such emotional stress that caused me to quit the church. I kept telling God that I was sorry for the way I felt, punishing myself and Him for not changing me. I had a severe nervous break down. I blamed God, turned my back on Him. Came out. It has taken me years to come out “of the wilderness” and accept God’s Love again. All the time I kept singing of his Love while travelling a lonely road. The church kept peaching of Sin and destruction because I loved a Man.

I have a wonderful partner of 23 years now.

I Love God and Still Praise Him in My Heart Today.

Come out to Jesus sooner, it will take the Pain and stress away from your life.

Cornelius

Joined in 2006
October 27, 2009, 21:12

That is a beautiful story Peter, thank you for sharing it. I love happy endings.

Happy ending = still praising the Lord in spite of everything!

I love how you said “come out to Jesus”. I don’t think I have. I know he knows, but I haven’t really told him yet.

God bless you and your partner.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 27, 2009, 23:56

lovely to hear from you peter and thanks for posting your story.

isn’t it terrible that a pastor would suggest that we get married knowing we are actually gay. This happened to me as well and is still happening in churches today…….even suggesting this is a special calling.

peter aylmore

Joined in 2009
October 29, 2009, 09:04

😀 Thank you to all for your encouragement, it is good to read about other people’s life and their story.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 29, 2009, 12:56

hey peter I moved your post about churches in Perth out of the telling our stories section into discussion….hope you dont mind. Just like to keep this space clear for stories only……so people can browse.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.071 seconds.