Forums

Ex US president - Jimmy Carter

Page: 1

Rojama

Joined in 2015
July 9, 2015, 11:52

I was browsing the other day, and found this story about how Jimmy Carter who was a US president back in the late 1970's, made this statement about what he thought Jesus Christ would think about Gay marriage law passed recently by the US Supreme Court.

”I think Jesus would encourage any love affair if it was honest and sincere and was not damaging to anyone else,”

I agree with what Jimmy said, have a lot of respect for him (one of the 'peace maker' presidents from last century) because it summarizes exactly what I have always felt about this issue of how christianity and same sex relationships would sit together.

link > http://www.advocate.com/politics/marriage-equality/2015/07/08/watch-jimmy-carter-knows-jesus-would-approve-marriage-equality

jamesn

Joined in 2009
September 1, 2015, 01:06

Jimmy Carter is a great man. For the past 30 years he and his wife, Roslyn, have built houses in some of the most needy countries in the world. He has also come out in support of LGBT rights and marriage equality. He still calls himself a Baptist but has resigned as a Southern Baptist, suggestions they have moved too far to the right. Good on you Jimmy!

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.11 seconds.