Forums

Exodus and Affiliates: Methods for change

Page:   1 2 3 4

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
June 7, 2009, 09:21

“Do not admit to yourself or the world who you are, in terms of your sexual orientation. Hide it, kill it, eradicate it, heal it, deliver it, break it, magic it away, deny it, marry it to a woman, heterosexually sexualise it away, therapy it, counsel it but whatever you do don’t stand up one day and say “I am gay”. Because when you do, on that day, you will have finally given in to it and it will surely kill you. You will die a slow, horrible and painful death, a death of friendships, of acceptance, of spirituality and ultimately you gamble with your eternal future.”

This quote reminds me of the medieval ages when the governing “church” of the time basically decreed that if you didn’t follow their doctrine, you were going to hell … where is the Christian compassion and love in that? …

Sandy

Joined in 2007
June 7, 2009, 09:34

Maggie, well…you know Anthony has admitted to being a flapper 😆 It was a joke obviously but meant in kindness. There are some things that you just don’t need or want to know. Its not prejudice its just gay men and lesbians are very different. Esepically when it comes to things like sex.

The medievil ages mobile guy? That quote reminds me of what someone said to me yesterday and a number of friends I have at the moment. Those people who see the world in black and white, they are so anoying…what are they thinking?! 🙄 😆

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
June 7, 2009, 10:12

The medievil ages mobile guy? That quote reminds me of what someone said to me yesterday and a number of friends I have at the moment. Those people who see the world in black and white, they are so anoying…what are they thinking?! 🙄 😆

Annoying, frustrating, you name it 😡 … has the church really moved beyond the medieval ages in some of their attitudes and thinking towards sexual orientation?! …

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
June 7, 2009, 10:13

oh yeh, gays and lesbians are polesssssss apart sexually of course, its like having franks and beans on one side and porridge and honey on the other 😯

The dark ages were shocking 😡 paying for your forgiveness 😡 and the bible in latin so no-one could know what was “really” written. 🙄 in many respects in that light, we have come a long way thank goodness.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
June 7, 2009, 10:34

The dark ages were shocking 😡 paying for your forgiveness 😡 and the bible in latin so no-one could know what was “really” written. 🙄 in many respects in that light, we have come a long way thank goodness.

Yeah, those were dark days mags 😳 There is still a lot of bigotry and ignorance out there in the mainstream churches … it’s good to know that churches such as MCC are there for the GLBT community …

Master_Rachel

Joined in 2009
June 7, 2009, 19:25

heya, this topic seems to have caught on, thanks all for replying!

Apart from joining this forum because my story is along the lines of many other gay Christians, I am doing some research into the stories of ‘former ex-gays’, for want of a better term. I’m interested in the stories of those who have been through the hell of trying to change/suppress/neglect/forget their sexuality for the purposes of strengthening their spiritual identity… and then realise it is possible to integrate both their gender and spiritual identity.

From what research i’ve done on ex-gay movements, it seems that methodology is kept very under wraps because it’s not particularly P.C and much of it goes against ideals set by governing bodies, such as the American Psychological Association etc. I have to wonder about how ethical they are, and actually, how they get away with doing what they are doing… ???!!!

I’ve found this site really helpful in learning about your stories, and i’m happy to tell mine too. I may have some more questions come up along the way, so looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better 😀

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
June 7, 2009, 20:51

Awesome to have you on F2b 😀 and would love to hear your story, have you connected with the melbourne f2b?

cow shoes

Joined in 2007
June 8, 2009, 10:00

Resignation is only a part-time coping strategy. If you are still alive you can only ape death for so long.

This quote really hit me, particularly the word resignation as it probably best describes my life for 30 years or more. I “gave up” being gay to become a Christian and get married and was resigned to the fact that this was the only way my life could be. I coped by blanking out who I was but its probably true that one can only ape death for so long before you either give in to it or recognise that you want to live, as yourself

Master_Rachel

Joined in 2009
June 8, 2009, 12:41

Awesome to have you on F2b 😀 and would love to hear your story, have you connected with the melbourne f2b?

Hey, no I haven’t – how do I go about doing that?

Cheers, Rachel 😀

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
June 8, 2009, 12:45

In our “whats on” section, same area as discussion and stuff, the Melb. chapter has a post of when the next meeting is this month, you could email Linny to make contact so they can greet you 😀 They are great girls 😉

Page:   1 2 3 4

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.059 seconds.