Forums

Fear

Page:   1 2 3 4

Ditte

Joined in 2009
April 24, 2009, 06:18

Ditte, I am not only afraid of going to hell but of grieving God – I don’t want to dishonour God. I want Him to be my Lord. I don’t want to stuff up my one opportunity to live this life for Him.

I like your starting place … I think I will pray the same prayer.

Take care! 🙂

Thats good! That your not afraid for your salvation.. I know what you mean – we only have one life and when we have meet Gods love, its very sad to feel that we dont honour him with all that we have. I KNOW that God love the fact that we want to live holy lives but we dont know how! Because this shows that we are not arrogant but we are humble.. As long as we ask ?, as long there will be hope.

Even when we dont know the answer or what to pray, Jesus is the answer.

God bless you!

Ditte

Joined in 2009
April 24, 2009, 08:40

BTW….ditte….I didn’t talk to God for 5 years after I left the ministry…..we were not on speaking terms. Some people wait longer. Of course our lack of communication has nothing to do with the way he feels about me.

Why didnt you talk to him?

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
April 24, 2009, 20:10

you might be interested to know that i’m thinking of tackling the issue of relationships at our next Sydney F2B meeting friday week….particularly if the relationship is with someone from a non-church background. Like the issue of morality and sexual ethics for gay christians I spoke about recently this is new ground. I’d like some feedback as to areas for discussion….

That sounds like a great topic. Yeah the issue of same-sex believers and non-believers in a relationship would be interesting to discuss and I’m sure there would be some excellent ideas from everyone. I think that it’s important that each person respect each others beliefs and values, and not try and convert them to your way of thinking etc. Rather be a testimony to your beliefs and always seek to find the good in everything.

Just my thoughts 😉

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
April 24, 2009, 20:12

My g/f is not a Christian, the r’ship works 😀 Its written somewhere that the christian partner sanctifies the non-Christian otherhalf so God thinks of everything. 😉

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 25, 2009, 10:48

BTW….ditte….I didn’t talk to God for 5 years after I left the ministry…..we were not on speaking terms. Some people wait longer. Of course our lack of communication has nothing to do with the way he feels about me.

Why didnt you talk to him?

I was really really really pissed off. why should I talk to a God who never answered the prayer i cried everyday…..take these feelings away, make me heterosexual . He answered lots of other prayers and I would have traded all those for just that one……and because he didn’t answer that prayer my life became a nightmare, I lost everything and hurt the people I loved most in the world. THANKS GOD VERY MUCH YOU ARE A BASTARD. 😡

I felt deeply betrayed.

I realise now of course i was praying the wrong prayer. Asking God to change my sexual orientation was like asking God to change me from being left handed to right handed. My ignorance and the ignorance of those around sent me down the wrong path.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
April 25, 2009, 13:33

I am still trying to wade through all of the posts on this thread, but as I am not 100% well at present, it is slow going. I will have to come back to it when I am a little stronger, physically and mentally.

I just wanted to say that for me, I have narrowed my Biblical beliefs down to two verses of Scripture, which are:

“The most important commandment is this Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind, and the second one is like it. Love your neighbour as yourself.”

and

“He has shown you oh (wo)man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. Do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God.”

Those are all I need. The rest of the Bible confuses and hurts me and I don’t look at it any more. Maybe one day I will be able to, but for now, what I hold to is sufficient for me.

Don’t let anyone who is not doing justice, loving mercy or walking humbly with God, tell you how you should walk or behave. If they’re not coming to you with love (which casts out fear) then they’re not doing justice or loving mercy.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
April 25, 2009, 15:23

I think those two guidelines sum up a lot Magz 😉

Sending strength and healing your way.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 26, 2009, 14:41

Oh the simplicity…..it is simple isn’t it.

I try and live by two simple rules as well.

treat others the way I’d like to be treated.

When faced with a difficult situation I’m not sure how to handle I ask the question…..what would love do.

JR

Joined in 2008
April 28, 2009, 00:07

AVB – the Sydney F2b meeting topic this week sounds really good and I’m so disappointed I won’t be there to share it – we should hook up a video/web link or something. Maybe I’ll book a flight for June 🙂

On the unequally yoked topic tho, I’d really love some insight around the age gap thing some time. It can be a bit of a relationship-drought as a gay Christian and it’s maybe too easy to justify a sizeable age gap and overlook the obvious imbalances…

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 28, 2009, 08:55

thats a whole nuther ball game.

Page:   1 2 3 4

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.092 seconds.