Forums

Former Youth Worker from N.Z, now rejected church goer.

Page:   1 2

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
November 19, 2007, 15:52

Youre so right, it was in my brokenness that I learnt to see clearer and to realise what a self-righteous ass I was ( with the best of intentions, thank goodness Im not like that anymore and still learning. I had the same impression as you about being double minded, funny that aye, it was like “ok, what you gonna do? make a decision so I can bless and do what needs to be done, dont be like a cork tossed in the ocean” so I made the decision and LOVE God more than ever.

Its exciting you are writing a book, thats awesome D

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 19, 2007, 15:54

I think connections like we are making here are so helpful gymgirl.

I can remember when I left the ministry after 22 years of doing everyting I knew possible to change, thinking I must have been the only one in the world. Then I began to discover there were others………the difference though was that I was at peace……so many were still carrying crap……..10-20 years later.

gymgirl

Joined in 2007
November 19, 2007, 18:52

Thanks for that…..I think I better hurry up and find that place of peace. Its interesting – I look back at this last year & coming to terms with being a lesbian & the people that turned away from me. But, if I had of channelled my frustration at their lack of love and ignorance, it would have made me a stronger person. Instead, of allowing it to affect me and the work that I had to do efficiently…..I should have become more focussed….Its interesting how sometimes we have to learn the hard way.

I think it takes falling in love with that special somebody to make you feel more secure as a gay person….I hope to meet that person in the near future.

But – your right!!!!!! You have to get over the crap first…there’s no point carrying any of that. THANKS FOR KEEPING IT REAL!!!! Do you Aussie’s use that saying much! We do over here.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 19, 2007, 19:23

dont be too hard on yourself gymgirl……I think that possibly that is what life is all about learning. Had there been some other models available to at that time as well then you may have found other ways to respond.

I’m still not sure how I ended up in this place……but somehow it happened.

I often say if there is a God…..then I have recieved 4 miracles

1. I haven’t killed myself

2. I have no mental health issues ( some may dispute that 😆 )

3. I’m certainly not bitter and resentful

4. I still have a faith.

marcthommo

Joined in 2006
November 27, 2007, 20:33

Hey Gymgal..

Geepers – you got a story… Just wondered if you wanna to catch up… I’m now living in central hawkes bay hoping to up in aucks soon.

Was a youth pastor in Perth – and been the joys and pains of coming out.

its up to you… you can get me here on 0273549004 or [email protected]

hope to talk soon.

Marc

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 27, 2007, 23:31

good on your Marc……its great to make connections….if people feel comfortable with that.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.098 seconds.