Forums

Freedom 2 b[e]'s AGM 2010 Report

Page: 1

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 30, 2010, 14:10

In the beginning………wins over the last 5 years……future directions…….its all here

INTRODUCTION

On Friday the 30th September 2005, in Anthony Venn-Brown’s lounge room in Surry Hills, 12 people from similar backgrounds and experiences met together for the first time. Each person had contacted Anthony after reading his autobiography ‘A Life of Unlearning’ and the common thread was that everyone had walked a journey to resolve the perceived conflict between their faith and sexuality. For each person this had been a difficult, and at times, torturous journey; some were still resolving their sexuality and others sorting out issues faith and beliefs. And so Freedom 2 b[e] was launched and its main thrust has been to reach out to LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) people from Pentecostal, Charismatic and Evangelical backgrounds to offer connection, support and information. Freedom 2 b[e] reaches out to people both within churches and also those who have left, assisting them on their journey to resolution of their faith and /or their sexual orientation or gender identity.

Since its formation Freedom 2 b[e]’s credibility and influence has grown substantially. Freedom 2 b[e] is a name that has become increasingly known with the Australian LGBT and religious communities.

This is the first written report and therefore covers more than the last 12 months.

You can read the the rest here

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 2, 2011, 18:23

did anyone get a chance to read this.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 2, 2011, 19:01

Hi avb

Yes I read and forgot to comment. I thought it was great. 🙂

Thanks for posting.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

gettingthere

Joined in 2008
January 2, 2011, 20:24

Hey avb, I appreciate the mention. I am honored really to be considered along with those other great guys. However, the name of the group has since changed to “The Alliance” as something else was already called Mosaic at our university. It’s probably too late to change it, but just letting you know.

The report was very interesting and I learned some cool stuff… looks like F2b is having a much bigger impact than I thought it did! Awesome. 🙂

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
January 3, 2011, 00:03

I read it. Seems like some pretty cool stuff is happening.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
January 3, 2011, 02:46

I have saved it to read through once I get Christmas, New Years, and an Essay for Uni out of my face. 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 4, 2011, 00:39

Hey avb, I appreciate the mention. I am honored really to be considered along with those other great guys. However, the name of the group has since changed to “The Alliance” as something else was already called Mosaic at our university. It’s probably too late to change it, but just letting you know.

The report was very interesting and I learned some cool stuff… looks like F2b is having a much bigger impact than I thought it did! Awesome. 🙂

thanks for letting me know……yep too late to change……I gathered the info from your original messages to me.

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
January 4, 2011, 15:48

Sorry, Anthony – I did read it .. .. .. shortly after you posted it. Should have commented then. An excellent read. Indeed, an excellent bit of writing – interesting, informative, inspiring, just the right length. Suggest it should be posted as a heading in one of the drop-down menus – either under ‘About’ or ‘Resources’. Cheers

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 4, 2011, 16:43

yep…..it will be on the about tab……when our webmaster returns from holidays

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 4, 2011, 16:44

yep…..it will be on the about tab……when our webmaster returns from holidays. Glad you appreciated it……it did take many hours to write and went through several drafts.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.087 seconds.