Forums

Freedom2b Youth Sydney - Courtyard Cinema: Camp Out doco

Page: 1

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
March 16, 2012, 10:34

Join us for the next Freedom2b Youth event in Sydney as we screen the doco ‘Camp Out’ in an unique outdoor Courtyard setting. Dinner will be a BBQ before the film.

Camp Out is a feature documentary film that follows ten teenagers as they attend the first overnight Bible Camp for gay Christian youths. For these six boys and four girls, it’s just as hard to come out as Christian as it is to come out as gay. They’re caught in the battle between religion, politics and sexuality. These kids are outsiders – their straight classmates ostracize them and their churches reject them. But like all teens, they yearn to feel at home, somewhere. Struggling to find a way to be true to both their spirituality and their sexual identity, these teens come to camp hoping to finally find a place of acceptance.

Date: Saturday 7th April

Time: 6pm until late

Place: St Peters (email [email protected] for address or for transport info)

Trailer: http://www.campoutmovie.com/Trailer.html

Hope to see you all there!

Ben & Alex

Freedom2b Sydney Youth Coordinators

* Freedom2b Youth provides information, support and a safe welcoming community to assist youth & young adults (18-30) to reconcile faith, sexuality and/or gender identity.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
March 17, 2012, 09:01

Looks great, Ben! 🙂

I think a lot of young people would find that really helpful.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
March 17, 2012, 15:25

Looks sort of interesting. This is Easter Saturday btw. Will there be chocolate?

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
April 5, 2012, 14:34

This is on this Saturday night and I am really looking forward to it. Sam and I watched the film the other day and really enjoyed it.

If you are still thinking about coming, please email me at [email protected].

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.065 seconds.