Forums

Gay Couple at Formal

Page:   1 2

TeeSte

Joined in 2012
October 22, 2012, 14:03

Last weekend I was invited to a formal by another guy. And I thought I would tell everyone on the forum how things turned out. I was pretty nervous about how people would react but it was much better than expected. No one at first even realized that we were together. But when they did they were totally supportive and overjoyed! Being a catholic school I thought it would be pretty conservative about sexuality but everyone was really liberal with their views. It really is a new age! The current youth are fully supportive of the LGBTIQ community. The night was a great success and my partner and I were just another couple at the event, treated exactly the same as everyone else.

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
October 22, 2012, 17:12

Wow that's wonderful, so great to hear. Thanks for sharing such wonderful news. The world or our little part of it is certainly changing. Also good on you and your partner for being so brave and bold to go together. 🙂 Way to go, Yeah 🙂

Now where is that like button 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
October 22, 2012, 18:30

Hi t1m07y

Wow! That's so great to hear. Sounds like you had a wonderful time once you got over the nerves. It was also very brave of you, and people probably recognised that and felt inspired by both of you. Good for you!! You were part of a positive change and got to experience what that felt like. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

sarab

Joined in 2011
October 22, 2012, 19:05

Hi t1m07y

Thanks so much for sharing this lovely story – so good to hear and well done you for taking this brave step.

Here's hoping you pave the way for others at your school to do the same.

Sarab 🙂

J

Joined in 2012
October 24, 2012, 06:21

That's so awesome to hear Tim! That takes a lot of guts – something I personally don't think I could do!! Keep up the great work

~Jordan

ShadowBoxer
Joined in 2005
October 25, 2012, 16:46

Thats a cool story

Was the formal at your school or another school ?

TeeSte

Joined in 2012
October 25, 2012, 16:49

Hey ShadowBoxer,

The formal was at another school.

Tee

ShadowBoxer
Joined in 2005
October 25, 2012, 16:52

So do you go to a public school – Do you think the response would be different there ???

TeeSte

Joined in 2012
October 25, 2012, 16:57

I don't go to any school anymore but I think that it was a unique situation and at many other schools it could have turned into a very uncomfortable night.

ShadowBoxer
Joined in 2005
October 25, 2012, 17:07

I wouldnt have dared do it at my formal – and in fact – I skipped my formal altogether

but hey – that was a number of decades ago (blush)

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.068 seconds.