Forums

Gay Identity What is it? Do I need it?

Page:   1 2 3 4

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
October 18, 2009, 12:17

I think it is a nice pipe-dream, but I can’t see it ever happening. Some of those people would be opening themselves up to violence in a big way. It’s sad that the closet has to exist, but it does serve a purpose in protecting some people in a very real situation of danger.

I’d love for all the world to be out, and everyone to get along, but it is the stuff of dreams imho. πŸ™‚

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
October 18, 2009, 13:46

I wonder what people think of this comment.

Homophobia and the closet are allies. Like an unhealthy co-dependent relationship they need each other to survive. One plays the victim living in fear and shame while the other plays the persecutor policing what is β€˜normal’. The only way to dismantle homophobia is for every gay man and lesbian in the world to come out and live authentic lives. Once they realise how normal we are and see themselves in us….the controversy is over.

It is interesting to think what would happen though….on a particularly pre-determined day that every single gay man and lesbian came out. Imagine the impact when, on that day, people all around the world suddenly discovered their bosses, mums, dads, daughters, sons, aunts, uncles, cousins, teachers, doctors, neighbours, colleagues, politicians, their favourite actors, celebrities and sports heroes, the people they loved and respected……were indeed gay.

All stereotypes would immediately be broken…..just by the same single act of millions of people…..and at last there would no longer be need for secrecy. The closet would become the lounge room. How much healthier would we be emotionally and psychologically when we could all be ourselves doing life without the internal and societal negatives that have been attached to our sexual orientation.

Is this the same topic in the thread below Anthony … or is it something entirely different …

http://www.freedom2b.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3983

It would be nice if the closet suddenly became the lounge room πŸ˜€

Sandy

Joined in 2007
October 18, 2009, 20:59

We’ll forgive AVB for posting the same thing twice. These things happen as you get older πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 18, 2009, 21:31

seems I’m loosing track with my facebook, twitters, youtubes, blogs and the F2B forum………HELP! πŸ™„ πŸ™„ πŸ™„

I’m glad someone is keeping me on track.

matt

Joined in 2007
October 23, 2009, 15:40

Dear Forum

I often now wonder that when you are reaching out for the soloution of hope, in being Gay. I remember that when I was young, that I always edevoured to do a creative outlook in life. So I have always thought that all Gay people are a serious creative force of creation. For God loved the world, so It is all about who you are as a single minded freelance individual of new discovered coloured directions. The rainbow of light and life.

Thankyou and Peace.

forwardtherapy

Joined in 2009
October 23, 2009, 17:45

Β· Do I want or need to be defined by my sexual orientation?

If you were not defined by your sexual orientation, what would you be defined by?

Do we need to be defined?

Is definition something that is under our control or does it just happen?

Whose definition? Yours? Mine? Someone elses?

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 24, 2009, 10:41

good questions Ash

Page:   1 2 3 4

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.071 seconds.