Forums

Getting Acquainted

Page: 1

Ian Morgan

Joined in 2008
December 22, 2008, 08:01

Hello,

This is my first post. I have recently moved to Oz from the US and I am trying to get settled. I learned of Freedom 2 b[e] from a friend. I am in the midst of a divorce from my wife. We have three children. My children are back in the US. My wife is divorcing me because she learned I had been unfaithful to her with other men. The moment she learned about the infildelity, she filed for divorce–no talking, nothing. I am devastated. I am in Oz attempting to build a new life. I am confused and do not know where I stand in regard to my sexuality. I am hoping that Freedom 2be can be a resource during this time.

Cheers,

Ian

iain

Joined in 2006
December 22, 2008, 11:03

Hi Ian

Welcome to F2B! Wow! You had to move to the other side of the planet to rebuild!! At least you have chosen a great country (and support group) to start this new chapter!! I hope that you are setting in to the Queensland lifestyle.

No matter which stage of the journey you may be at (either in OR coming out OR pushed out of the closet) …F2B is a place where you can actually begin to ……LIKE yourself. For many this is a difficult thing to accept …to accept yourself.

So hopefully you can meet up with some of the F2B people in your area so you can be socially supported (as well as ‘virtually’ supported).

iain 😀

orfeo

Joined in 2007
December 22, 2008, 12:32

Hi Ian, welcome to the forum – and to Australia!

It must be incredibly tough to be so far from your family, though. I really hope you can find us to be a source of support and understanding.

Even if we haven’t been through exactly the same situation, I’d like to think that everyone here can understand just how difficult it is to deal with the impact of non-standard sexuality – within ourselves, and dealing with the reactions of others as well.

It’s okay to be confused here.

– Trevor

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
December 22, 2008, 12:37

Hi Ian,

Welcome to Australia, and to F2B. I hope you will find much support and encouragement here in our forums while you cope with all that is going on for you right now.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
December 22, 2008, 21:31

Hi Ian and welcome for sure. I cant even imagine what things are like for you right now but you arent alone, thats for certain. By all means if there is anything you would like to ask or just to air please do, many times thoughts and scenarios swirl round in circles in our minds and even if they dont seem to make a lot of sense when you write it out, its better to get it out, someone is always bound to relate and we will certainly support you as best we can.

JR

Joined in 2008
December 23, 2008, 12:49

Hi there Ian – it’s good to hear from you. I’m sorry to hear about your struggles atm… It sure sounds like a difficult period… I hope F2b helps you work a few things out.

How long have you been here in Oz, and what brings you to Brisbane? I’m not far from Toowong, so maybe if you’re keen for a chat over a beer sometime drop me a message. When I was trying to figure stuff out I found sharing with some like-minded christian friends really helped me.

Stay in touch – don’t be a stranger!

/Jason

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 26, 2008, 05:02

well Ian….looks like everyone has beaten me to it……I guess by now you feel welcomed.

So many of us have walked a similar journey……with some slight variations. They often include inappropriate responses from family members and friends who because of their own ignorance and issues …..treat us poorly.

You have here something I didn’t when I went through something similar…..a group of people who won’t judge or have any agenda except to offer our support…a listening ear….and if you are interested…..some insights and suggestions from our own journey.

hope to hear more from you here.

PS…..you’ll see I’ve moved this post from the discussion to telling our stories….I hope you don’t mind.

frogger

Joined in 2005
December 30, 2008, 11:19

Hey Ian, great to see ya. So, how’re you doing?

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.059 seconds.