Forums

Hadynn Sennitt

Page: 1

7ariez

Joined in 2015
December 15, 2015, 01:02

I came across Hadyn's testimony on exodus alliance website a few years ago before I came to term with my sexuality, and I saw him on one of Anthony Venn's youtube videos.

I had a discussion with Hadyn online on his article where he wrote an article to criticize Justin Lee, the founder of gcn by calling Justin that he is a semantic christian by spreading a lie that he can be both christian and gay. I said to him that for the majority part of my life, I suppressed my sexuality, as a result I became depressed and suicidal for the fact that I couldn't change and I couldn't believe what he wrote to me by comparing me as "a gym instructor who learns from an obese person or a golf instructor who never plays golf " for accepting myself that I'm a christian who is gay.

I believe Hadyn's self denial leaves him in a constant struggle with his sexuality and that he will never be at peace with himself. Or maybe he's not exclusively gay, maybe he is bi with some gay tendency. He often refers that he's still on the journey to victory to become straight.

At some point I feel sad that he's in so much denial with himself being in a conservative christian community. But At the same time I feel angry at him as well that lgbt christians are already ostracized by many straight christians calling us sinners and etc, we don't need another gay person in the christian community to propagate against the lgbt christian community. I read his testimony before I came to term with my sexuality, I would say his testimony is a very typical ex-gay testimony since decades ago, he once lived in promiscuous life, slept with many guys, that's probably why he has such a negative view about the lgbt community, then he became a christian and abandoned his promiscuous life and entered a mixed orientation marriage. but I don't like it how he prescribed his story to fit all gay people. At some point he agrees that churches need to be more loving toward lgbt people but on the other hand he also rejects the view that you can be both gay and christian. It' s unclear where he stands, maybe he's like Australian Alan Chambers, any comments?

cheval319

Joined in 2014
January 10, 2016, 23:23

I don't think he is sure of himself.

At the Spiritual Friendship site, you will find gay christians who argue against same sex relationships, but are okay with calling themselves gay as a descriptor of their orientation. They don't expect to change.

For example: http://spiritualfriendship.org/author/rbelgau/

There are many examples of conversion therapy not working.

What sort of relationships you have are between you and God.

nelstone

Joined in 2014
January 18, 2016, 11:16

7ariez, I am sorry that you find some ppls attitude towards gay Christians frustrating. Although you have struggled to find your way with your relationship with God, remember; your relationship with Him is sacrosanct and it really does not matter what other ppl might think about you and your position with our Lord! No matter what others may say about gay ppl (even some gays themselves) regarding homosexuality and sin, you are only accountable to God alone. It is difficult to argue your right to a relationship with God as being healthy if you are gay. I think what we have to get our heads around is, that it is not for us to try to justify ourselves to others, but to live a life that pleases God and where we find peace with Him alone. We will never find total acceptance from others here on earth…someone is out there ready to disagree with you on many various theological points. When we argue doctrine, we can get stuck on the insignificant matters in life. Jesus left us with simple commands over and over again: to love God with all of our heart; to love our neighbours as ourselves and help the needy and the poor. I love the messages in the Beatitudes! Forget about finding favour with mankind; we will always fall short in this endeavour…but seek to find favour with God and accept who you are in Him and through His Son, Jesus! Forgive those who judge you…for, "whom Christ has set free is free indeed"! In Christ you have the "freedom 2b" all of what God has for YOU in this, YOUR gift of life!

jonn-o

Joined in 2011
January 28, 2016, 23:56

I've listened to Haydnn and other guys with similar stories. The common theme seems to be they have been unable to find a satisfying relationship in the gay world, and concluded they never can. Their experience has been of a gay world that is shallow, and just about sex.

This coupled with their religious belief about homosexuality pushes them to believe they have to marry someone of the opposite sex or be lifelong celebrate. I think that's sad, and I sense the sadness in their stories.

There's always something missing for both partners in a mixed orientation marriage and they usually both know it. There are blessings too. Having children is one of them. But they will never experience the beauty of love with someone they are fully attracted to. Their orientation prevents it.

7ariez

Joined in 2015
March 3, 2016, 22:34

Quote from nelstone on January 18, 2016, 11:16 am

7ariez, I am sorry that you find some ppls attitude towards gay Christians frustrating. Although you have struggled to find your way with your relationship with God, remember; your relationship with Him is sacrosanct and it really does not matter what other ppl might think about you and your position with our Lord! No matter what others may say about gay ppl (even some gays themselves) regarding homosexuality and sin, you are only accountable to God alone. It is difficult to argue your right to a relationship with God as being healthy if you are gay. I think what we have to get our heads around is, that it is not for us to try to justify ourselves to others, but to live a life that pleases God and where we find peace with Him alone. We will never find total acceptance from others here on earth…someone is out there ready to disagree with you on many various theological points. When we argue doctrine, we can get stuck on the insignificant matters in life. Jesus left us with simple commands over and over again: to love God with all of our heart; to love our neighbours as ourselves and help the needy and the poor. I love the messages in the Beatitudes! Forget about finding favour with mankind; we will always fall short in this endeavour…but seek to find favour with God and accept who you are in Him and through His Son, Jesus! Forgive those who judge you…for, "whom Christ has set free is free indeed"! In Christ you have the "freedom 2b" all of what God has for YOU in this, YOUR gift of life!

Nelstone, thank you so much for your lovely response, you were right. I will never find total acceptance from all people as I want to. I know that God loves me just the way I am, but for so many straight people or even gay people, that's so hard for them to believe.

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
March 19, 2016, 01:21

Good discussion, folks. Some excellent points. Evidence seems to suggest that no "ex-gay" Christians are completely happy with their situation. Some (maybe, many) eventually revert to their true identity. Lots of shade-of-grey around these discussions. We need to avoid the black-&-white / I-am-right attitudes which some adopt, and maintain good grace at all times – despite the temptation to be angry at times.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
September 15, 2016, 09:50

yes Haydn's story fits the pattern. I wrote about this in 2011 http://www.abbi.org.au/2011/07/common-elements-in-ex-gay-stories/

I do feel sorry for Haydn….and reached out to him several times and assured him that should he ever find himself in trouble that he will have an understanding ear here and not a "told you so attitude"

Of recent times he has stated that he is not longer going to be working in the "ex-gay" space…..then a few months later he is back at it again.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.068 seconds.