Forums

Happy New Year!

Page: 1

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 1, 2011, 13:38

Hi all

Happy New Year to everyone! 🙂 😀 🙂 😀

I hope 2011 brings greater freedom in all it’s forms. My main goals for this year are to work on improving finances and commit to a writing project that’s been on the backburner for too long. The second goal is well underway and that makes me happy. 🙂 What goals do others have for the year?

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
January 1, 2011, 14:45

Happy New Year!!

No goals this year. If 2010 taught me anything its that I have no idea what to expect. It sure will be a different year for me though. 🙂

Hurray!

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 1, 2011, 16:39

Hi Mr Summit

Good for you! And I guess you’ve already satisfied what was a huge goal in coming out, originally planned for this month but accomplished earlier. How free and different you must be feeling now. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Hurray for you! And may your sense of growing freedom increase!

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Boi70

Joined in 2007
January 1, 2011, 20:01

Happy New Year to Everyone!

My goals for 2011. Hmmm….. I can only think of lots of things to do with my house. :bigsmile: Smaller renovation projects after the major renovation project was completed in late 2010.

Oh, yes, I have some courses to attend that relate to work, as well.

Well. lots of encouragement from me, Ann Maree, with your goals – Improved Finances and Writing Project. A friend of mine in Sydney has just finished his first novel, and is working with someone there to get it published on the Internet. So, glad things are moving along there for you – I hope to be hearing more about it. 🙂

Congratulations to Mr Summit too. So glad things are working out for you since the coming out. It is a wonderful step, which can bring about little changes in yourself as well, almost like when the butterfly comes out of the cocoon. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
January 2, 2011, 11:55

Happy New Year everyone!

I am commencing studies for my degree this year, so my goal is to be successful at that. It will require discipline and focus to get me through it. I also want to try and get more exercise, continue my healthy eating routine and get back to my goal weight of 65kg (I put a little on over Christmas!)

I am interested in Numerology and I see that this year is a 4 both personally and universally, this is a good year to commence studies because it is a “hard work” year which will pay rewards for routine, discipline and diligence. So it’s a nose to the grindstone year for me.

Blessings!

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 2, 2011, 18:22

yes and happy new year to you all as well.

I haven’t sorted out my goals yet for 2011……I have a special night that I do this…..called my date with my boyfriend within.

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs055/1101277457148/archive/1102993394864.html

in the meantime some might find this helpful

how to get closure on 2010

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs055/1101277457148/archive/1104140480090.html

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 2, 2011, 19:11

Hi avb

Yes I recently thought of you and your date with the BF within…. Love that! 🙂 🙂 🙂

I also have a similar ritual. It’s a sacred occasion that I look forward to all year. A time of self nurture, including celebration of accomplishments past plus anticipation and planning for the year ahead. I ask for direction and vision for the upcoming year and always receive a message or words to give me a great focus. I then write out goals I want to achieve and break them into smaller steps with timelines. I always make the goals achievable and start straight away which gives me the motivation to continue on when most have forgotten what their resolutions were. Doing this really sets me off to a good start.

I also like your idea of mindfully letting go of negative energy rather than unconsciously taking it into the new year. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
January 2, 2011, 21:08

In 2011 I will be reminding myself of core beliefs and values and using these as a catalyst for pursuing goals and objectives for this year.

I too like the idea of closure in 2010 but I also celebrated and remembered the achievements and successes 🙂

Happy New Year to all.

danielgtaylor

Joined in 2008
January 9, 2011, 23:48

Hi AVB,

I love the idea of going on a date with the boyfriend within. If there’s one thing I’ve learnt recently, it’s that the more loving I am to myself, the more attractive I am to others. I think I’m going to start some kind of regular date thing with my boyfriend within — beautiful.

As for my goals, last year I put on hold my book that was to be launched at Adelaide’s Feast Festival and came to Melbourne to care for my Grandma. She was going through a health crisis and it would have been hypocritical to finish and launch a book dedicated to her while I ignored her present needs.

My first goal for this year, then, is to finish that book and launch it.

After that, my goal will be to devote 3 months to getting my body into shape. Even though I’m flabby now, I have a few things going for me — world champion athlete genes, I’m perfectly proportioned, I have muscle memory from being in shape before, I have P90X (an extreme fitness DVD program), and once I set my mind to something I’m ruthless about getting it done.

I have a lot more goals I’m working on at any one time, but only ever one major goal.

Have a happy 2011 everyone and lead lives of significance. It’s not the impact of what you do that matters, but how what you do resonates long after you’ve left that counts.

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
January 10, 2011, 15:48

Apparently, the No. 1 item on New Year’s Resolution lists world-wide is “lose weight” .. .. .. EXCEPT in Australia where it is “stop procrastinating”. That may be a reflection of our laid-back attitude to life??

( I’ve put that to the top of my list .. .. .. but have decided to wait until February before implementing it! ) 8)

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.065 seconds.