September 3, 2010, 19:04

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
September 3, 2010, 21:32

What a lovely guy! And how moving was that! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
September 4, 2010, 01:25

What I loved about this, was that Guy Sebastian, who is unashamedly a Christian gave Harry a standing ovation. It was a fantastic moment, though all ’round.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
September 4, 2010, 08:52

Yeah I noticed and loved that too. I thought it was a genuine love and acceptance from Guy to him. (as it should be but you never know with Christian people).

azza81

Joined in 2010
September 4, 2010, 09:32

He is great, what a delightful person to watch

RaulG

Joined in 2010
September 4, 2010, 16:48

Yeah I noticed and loved that too. I thought it was a genuine love and acceptance from Guy to him. (as it should be but you never know with Christian people).

Querida Ann,

Perhaps it should be “…but you never know with people” (period). Yes?

People whether Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Atheist, Agnostic, Pagan, etc can be unpredictable and can be quite cruel.

Yours in Christ,

RaulG

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
September 5, 2010, 09:36

True Raul. But I haven’t experienced cruelty with other groups like I have with Christians. However, I know we are all the same, all capable of the same unkindnesses. The point I was really trying to make though was how impressed I was with Guy in that moment of acceptance he had for Harry. I think it was a powerful example, especially for those Christians (and others) who are homophobic.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

RaulG

Joined in 2010
September 5, 2010, 10:31

True Raul. But I haven’t experienced cruelty with other groups like I have with Christians. However, I know we are all the same, all capable of the same unkindnesses. The point I was really trying to make though was how impressed I was with Guy in that moment of acceptance he had for Harry. I think it was a powerful example, especially for those Christians (and others) who are homophobic.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Querido Ann,

Be fortunate that you have not. I have seen the fangs of homophobia in the mouths of many (atheist and theist, liberal and conservative, scholar and knave). It is good that Guy accepted Harry. I hope it will serve as an example to the rest of the Body of Christ.

Yours in Christ,

Raul G

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
September 5, 2010, 10:53

Hi Raul

Yes I recall your atheist ‘friend’ and the cruel comments he made to you. How awful that humans can be hateful to each other and therefore to themselves as well. Whether Christian or otherwise I believe we are all connected so when we hurt another, we hurt ourselves too.

On a positive note however, there are Christians like yourself, mrg, Guy, 100 revs and others who are demonstrating love in a way that unifies and heals. That really is a welcome relief.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
September 5, 2010, 12:16

yep…..I talk about Guy Sebastian in the second edition of my autobiography…….he has a number of gay friends and believes in gay marriage.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.067 seconds.