Forums

Hi F2B

Page: 1

match2incinerate

Joined in 2013
October 23, 2013, 20:23

As an intersex person raised male in a atheist household it came as a massive shock to me how hurt my parents would be when I started dating a man, lol. I thought it would hardly be a shock, but apparently it was. They are cool with it now and love my partner. I simply raise this as a reminder to myself that religious institutions don't have the monopoly on bad reactions. Laughably, this has only just occurred to me.

I rebelliously joined a Pentecostal church at 17 and spent the next 17 of them in the same fellowship. I married there and fostered and adopted children with my then wife. I truly loved her but alas the relationship went south and we parted company. Estrangement led her to affairs and I let her go when she admitted the affairs were a symptom of not wanting to be married to me anymore. Unfortunately, I lost all of my church friends because they thought it was my fault for being gay and assumed I must have cheated on her, once again lol.

Six years on both my ex wife and I have repartnered and we all get along well. The breakup was hard but the best thing for all of us. She has a lovely new boyfriend and I have a beautiful male partner who is helping me raise my intellectually disabled adopted son (of whom I have 80% custody).

I do not currently go to a church because I feel estranged from Christianity, but I think it is important for me to forgive and forget the terrible treatment I experienced (which i will not elaborate on in this post) and say hello to some Christians and their friends. So hello everyone.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
October 24, 2013, 20:49

Hi match2incinerate

A big welcome to f2b! 🙂

I admire you for deciding to forgive the church for what happened. It is very sad that you were treated the way you were on top of what were very painful situations anyway.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
October 26, 2013, 19:04

Hi match2incinerate,

Big welcome to F2B. This is such an awesome group. You will find a lot of support, acceptance and love here. So please you found the group.

It's wonderful you have come to a place with your ex wife where you can all get on well.

If you get the chance drop into a F2B meeting, they are awesome. You will find them a very friendly bunch of people. 🙂

miss.muppet

Joined in 2011
October 27, 2013, 19:11

Yes, you show much courage & that inspires me. Welcome 🙂

match2incinerate

Joined in 2013
October 28, 2013, 18:00

Aw thank you guys,

It does seem a lovely group.

🙂

mrg

Joined in 2010
October 28, 2013, 21:24

Welcome!

Glad to have you join us for the ride…

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.078 seconds.