Forums

Hi

Page: 1

ridingthecrash

Joined in 2013
August 18, 2013, 00:41

Hey all,

I'd be very interested to come along to one of your meetings. I live in Sydney and I have been visiting some progressive Christian churches for the past few weeks. My background is pentecostal, but several years ago I became an atheist, and am only recently revisiting and re-exploring Christian spirituality particularly in expressions that I was not exposed to when I was younger.

I was wondering if someone could give me a heads up on what kind of things happen at the meetings? Is there a lot of sharing? What are the discussions like?

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
August 18, 2013, 22:32

Hi ridingthecrash 🙂

Welcome to freedom2b!

If you want to go along to the Sydney meetings you would be most welcomed by Ben, Shane, David and the crew! They have a couple of events coming up and they are on the home page of the website if you want to have a look.

The meetings usually consist of discussions (you can join in if you want to or just listen along) visiting speakers or panels on relevant topics and also movies with a faith/ sexuality focus. There are also the occassional social get together and if you are aged between 18-30ish there is a youth group that is for social get togethers.

If you want to contact the guys just hit the contact tab on the home page and then Sydney

Again welcome and I hope you enjoy the time spent with us 🙂

Warm regards

Michelle

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
August 19, 2013, 21:58

Hi ridingthecrash

A big welcome from me also! 🙂

I second what Michelle has said, knowing you will be very welcome at Sydney meetings and the members there will be happy to chat with you before going so you feel comfortable. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
August 20, 2013, 08:57

Hi ridingthecrash,

Welcome to F2B from me too 🙂 this is such an awesome group and I know from personal experience you will be very welcomed at the Sydney meetings, in fact all the chapters would be very welcoming, supportive and accepting. As mentioned you can participate as much or as little as you feel comfortable, no pressure.

God Bless

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
August 22, 2013, 09:17

Hi ridingthecrash,

My name is Ben and I am one of the Sydney Chapter leaders. Michelle has given a good explanation of what the meetings are like above. If you have any further questions feel free to private message me or send an email to [email protected].

You would be very welcome at any of our chapter meetings and/or events. 🙂

Sydney meetings are always the first friday of the month.

Ben

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.065 seconds.