Forums

how do i go about dealing with sexual issues?

Page:   1 2

Al

Joined in 2013
November 21, 2013, 22:54

hi i have a question for any guy on here. i am wondering how do i deal with sexual urges??

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
November 25, 2013, 20:37

Hi Al

That's a very difficult question to answer. I guess it depends if the urges are unwelcome or not and what your beliefs are around them.

Can you say more?

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Al

Joined in 2013
November 28, 2013, 18:35

its more sexual urges. how i can learn tips to circumvent ignore them.

outnproud

Joined in 2011
December 2, 2013, 12:58

Sexual urges are not necessarily evil or bad. They are linked to our drive to connect with another person which is part of what it means to be human. Everyone has sexual urges- they are natural and normal. We each need to learn how to deal with our sexual urges in a responsible and caring way, which respects ourselves and others. Ignoring or trying to repress them usually does not work- only makes them take on greater power and importance in our lives.

It would help if you told us more about why your sexual urges concern you.

outnproud

FreeinChrist88

Joined in 2011
December 3, 2013, 21:04

I agree wholeheartedly with outnproud.

Sexual urges are normal and natural, but they can get out of hand. I agree with outnproud, in order to be able to give you some advice and support it would be good if you could share exactly what your struggles or concerns are.

We are here to help.

Please feel free to share

Joel

Al

Joined in 2013
December 9, 2013, 22:07

I am concerned about what God would think of me for having them, I am also confused voluntary celibacy.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
December 9, 2013, 23:37

Hi Al

God made us as sexual beings so I don't see urges as a bad thing. It really depends on how you express them and whether this is harmful to yourself and/or others. Sexuality is an important aspect of ourselves to be enjoyed and expressed in a responsible way that respects self and others. Particular groups of people, including some Christians and Jews, have taken it upon themselves to separate the physical from spiritual, deciding that sexual expression is 'of the flesh' and therefore not as good as spiritual matters. In their minds they have made sex unholy and prayer or other churchy activities holy, but I believe this to be a mistake. We are meant to be united and whole in our beings and this means that sexual expression, whether alone or in a partnership, is a vital part of the healthy whole person.

Re voluntary celibacy, I think that is a gift for a select few only. I believe it's like a special calling and certainly not meant for everyone.

I also agree with the other wise comments.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

davidt

Joined in 2009
December 13, 2013, 12:52

God created us with sexual desires and they can be very powerful. It becomes a question of how you direct those in good ways in line with your values and in ways that please God.

I was created gay, medically proven in my case, and my values are that gay sex within a monogamous gay marriage for life is a wonderful way of expressing a very deep love for your partner. It is something wonderful that God does. It's beautiful and one of the most important things in our lives is to totally satisfy the one we love.

However sex is only one part of our lives. Yes, an important part, but only a part. The rest is commitment to be there for the one we love, no matter what happens. To be there when things get tough. Hope this helps.

In Him

David

Al

Joined in 2013
December 13, 2013, 23:43

ah i see, thank you for your views on this matter, i will think carefully on it.

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
December 15, 2013, 22:52

This article by our National Chaplain may have some thoughts which are useful. http://www.jmm.org.au/articles/4884.htm

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.068 seconds.