Forums

I use to be a Christian until I discovered Jesus

Page:   1 2

oooooo

Joined in 2006
March 19, 2010, 18:55

Hi Azariah

I have emailed you before. I am glad to see you are so comfortable with yourself and I completely relate to your title of this piece.

Thanks for putting your story on here.

Keep up the good work.

Tez

N149

Joined in 2010
March 31, 2010, 11:16

Wow… Powerful story Azariah… Thanks heaps 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 9, 2010, 13:03

yep….we love you Azariah…..you are a good man……we believe in you

Rivers

Joined in 2008
April 16, 2010, 22:12

Hi Azariah,

Thanks for connecting with us here. I like how you say “being gay is not a burden, the secret was” and that when we lay that burden down we find rest. It’s so true.  

I remember when you came out and read some of the news coverage at the time. Your bravery really encouraged me. 

I am learning more and more that coming out and living honestly not only blesses us and connects us or reconnects us with people in a much more powerful way than before, but that God also wants to use our lives as God’s message to others still trapped in the closet or living in fear.  

Previously in our ministries we may have spoken or preached or sang a certain message, but now God has made our lives the message. So now whether we speak, preach or sing, or say nothing at all, we have become the message in ourselves, and bring hope and good news to others simply by being. God has helped us become living, walking testimonies of God’s grace.

Thank you for continuing to live free and for allowing the Lord to use you to touch many. May you see increased opportunities, more open doors and even greater grace for the next stage in your journey.

Timothy

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 17, 2010, 20:45

yep….its a great statement isn’t it.

this week jennifer knapp……last year Ray Botlz…….2008 Azariah……who will be next. Eventually it will be what I call yawn material…..hehe. Like Ricky Martin coming out the other week….and recently some celebs in Oz…….basic reaction is……yeah….and so….your gay….so what.

Till we reach the tipping point……we need more and more to come out and create that.

there are a huge number of christian artists and musicians which are trapped in the prison (read closet) of fear and shame. I’d actually love to blast open every closet door.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.049 seconds.