Forums

I'm 38 yr old woman & decided to come out

Page:   1 2 3

miss.muppet

Joined in 2011
March 25, 2014, 11:29

Hey there, I've just posted a letter to my parents to tell them I'm gay. I'm feeling a bit anxious but kinda excited (maybe) at the same time. And seen as they mean the most to me, now that I've done that, I've come out to a few family members too & friends.

I think I'm relieved. All I said was the truth. And now maybe it has opened a way for others around to support me if I need it.

Thanks for being here, Freedom2be! Discussions with u guys has helped so much. I know my journey isn't over yet. But it helps to know someone is walking with you. 🙂

mrg

Joined in 2010
March 26, 2014, 23:32

Well done!

Don't ever forget – you're awesome!

Matt

miss.muppet

Joined in 2011
March 28, 2014, 13:46

Thanks Mr G!

I ended up on the phone to my parents & told them the letter was coming! Lol. I just couldn't sit around & wait for their reply.

They were quite supportive but already had an idea. I think they trust me in my faith, which makes things much easier. However, I'm not telling my sister yet. She has a lot going on right now. She's also quite strict in her beliefs. So not sure how it will go down if I had a partner.

But for now i'm just enjoying my new freedom, to be who I am & face my Lord again. He means so much to me. I feel ready to just get on with it.

I thought I'd feel over the moon when I came out but…I'm just cruising…and that feels good. Glad to just feel like a regular human being for once.

Thank u for your support & encouragement xo

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
March 30, 2014, 16:41

Wow! Good on you miss muppet. This is an exciting progression. Coming out is a process but you will find it gets easier as time goes on and you build more supports. It's great that your parents have been supportive already! 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Graham Douglas-Meyer

Joined in 2009
April 3, 2014, 15:27

Well done miss muppet.

That is an amazing step to take. I'm sure that you will feel a whole weight lift from your shoulders simply by having made this step.

Many find that once those they care the most about know they are free to be who they are, simply because they have the sense that no-one else's opinion actually matters.

You have taken a massive step on a process that will enable you to become stronger with each new step.

Graham

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
April 6, 2014, 11:44

Wow well done Miss Muppet, so proud of you 🙂 this is a huge step. I'm sure this is such a load off you ad you will be free to be yourself and move forward. You go girl 🙂

miss.muppet

Joined in 2011
April 11, 2014, 20:46

Thanks so much Mother Hen. My life is starting to take shape. Feeling a lot better about things. But I thought I would be more relieved & happier or something. Turns out I probably need to work on the relationship I have with myself.

I'm not as worried about what people think as I thought. It's still my deep core beliefs still being challenged. I just need more time.

I offended a dear friend, my neighbour. When talking about these issues & she won't talk to me at the moment. She's lesbian but not Christian. I learnt quickly that she wasn't the right person to talk to. She got offended thinking I was judging her. When I was just trying to explain my wrestle.

Bad mistake. Hope some time away from home can heal this. I'm on holidays. But it hurts me that she feels hurt by what I was saying. Out of my hands now I guess.

Thank u for being here to chat to. I need to choose my battles better.

miss.muppet

Joined in 2011
April 12, 2014, 22:08

I heard from my friend today – so relieved! She was hurting & so was I. But at least we can now move fwd. She's happy to chat more. But I feel to keep a lot more stuff private. Learning experience. I can come here to chat or other supportive Christians I know. My relationship with God is most important to me. I don't want to have to keep explaining myself & fighting for my faith. We may have to just agree to disagree on some matters.

At least she still wants to be friends. Feel much better now. 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 13, 2014, 15:12

That's great to hear miss muppet! 🙂

Good for you.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

miss.muppet

Joined in 2011
April 14, 2014, 08:54

Thanks Ann Maree. I still feel unsure about coming here & spilling my guts! Today is a new day but I keep remembering the mess I carry here sometimes. But u guys seem more merciful to me than I am to myself. Truth is I'm lonely. And it's hard going finding my way back to trust again.

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.096 seconds.