Forums

If its ok to be gay why doesnt god tell the ones we love that we are not sinners

Page: 1

joshua thomas

Joined in 2011
August 12, 2011, 15:03

So today I’ve been thinking that if it is ok to be gay then why doesnt god

Tell those who are trying to pay the gay away to stop because I’m ok the way I am?

I’m so used to my church telling me its wrong things like this confuse me

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
August 12, 2011, 19:26

Hi jaydenthomas

You might say that God tells us a lot of things and we simply don’t hear.. It’s just human nature, I’m afraid.

On a positive note, people are changing their thinking and opening their hearts to the idea that homosexuality is not wrong. And the more who do this in the church, the more it catches on.

And just because your church is currently saying it’s wrong doesn’t mean that God is. Nor does it mean they will always take this stance.

Hang in there.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
August 12, 2011, 21:21

I wondered the same thing for a while but now I believe that through it all that God has a plan and purpose.

My experiences with ‘ex-gay’ programs were not very positive but I feel like I’ve learnt alot from my journey. I have a greater sense of understanding and self worth because I now know 100% that God loves me as a gay man. He always has and he always will.

I guess your question comes back to the larger concept of God granting us free will. He is certainly present in the darkest moments and yet he won’t tell you what to do. If he did, then he wouldn’t be giving us the opportunity to think about things for ourselves and grow because of it.

RaulG

Joined in 2010
August 12, 2011, 21:43

Querido Jayden,

Short answer? He does tell them it’s okay to be gay. But like everything else, humans refuse to/can’t hear him over the sounds of their own ambitions and fears. Much like how humanity rejects, mocks, and kills his prophets, human nature is so prideful that it will deny the voice of it’s creator when his word challenges us to be something more.

It is not God who is not speaking, it is humanity, ever arrogant, that is deaf to his command.

Yours in Christ,

Raul

IanJ

Joined in 2009
August 13, 2011, 09:04

Hi Jaydenthomas,

It’s a good question!

I asked this myself, in a slightly different way:

‘why didn’t I hear God telling me that it was OK to be gay?’

I don’t think I have a complete answer to this. But at least in part it’s because I listened too much to the noise of the people around me, instead of to that small voice of God.

blessings

Ian

joshua thomas

Joined in 2011
August 13, 2011, 23:35

Thank you all:-)

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.051 seconds.