Forums

I'm a 17 year old gay male, out to one person, miserable.

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

gettingthere

Joined in 2008
November 5, 2009, 18:31

Hyde – yes, that is the case. My guess is a lot of that is because you still have to resolve the emotional pain you went through. Sharing your story is part of working thorough that pain. As that emotional pain is worked through, it becomes less important for you to share your story. The being gay part remains, of course, while the need to tell people your story fades as your pain become more and more resolved. However, it can be helpful to have it on hand to help people understand and sympathize. People do need to understand that gay people go through unique and very real struggles, struggles that straight people often exacerbate because of their ignorance. A personal story can be useful then when it comes to educating people, so you may still find opportunity to talk about it from time to time, but it will no longer be because you need to heal from the wounds you have received. Keep us updated. Praying for you.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
November 12, 2009, 21:00

Hi Hyde

Just wondering how you’re going?

Ann Maree

duronimo

Joined in 2009
November 13, 2009, 08:58

Hello Hyde. Man I feel for you, It is difficult enough to find acceptance in this world without carrying that burden on your shoulders.

You are getting a lot of support from here which is great.

From my experience today people including your Mum and Dad will already know who you are but cannot face it and its stigma. To be gay is not Mardi Grais. One day in converstaion someone will say something.

You will not have a problem with this generation, its the oldies that you are concerned about as you dont want to hurt them. Well you could be a robber and have a prison sentetence! If I was to come out to my parents at this stage it would kill them as they are old traditional and unbending so i have chosen not to say a thing. Am I any less in Gods eyes. Nope!! the bible tells me so.

Difficult road mate but remember that Gods purpose for your life is in black and white and He loves you probably slightly more than someone else?? cos He knows the pain and anguish you are feeling right now. Stay close to Him .

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 13, 2009, 12:08

To be gay is not Mardi Grais. .

Just a reminder to everyone on the site……this is a global site…..so for those who are from other countries….the celebration is called Pride (which is what duronimo is referring to)…..in Australia our Sydney Pride is call the Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras.

HydeLeach

Joined in 2009
November 15, 2009, 07:11

Hey guys, it’s been a while since I was on the forum.

Everything has been going okay. I had the opportunity to tell my other friend last night. It was me, Jen, and the girl I wanted to tell. But I couldn’t muster up the guts to do it, not to mention both youtube and the television were blaring, it would have been awkward for me to have been like, “excuse me Michelle, but I wanted to tell you that I’m gay.”

I felt bad for Jen, she knows how important this is for me, and she was vibing so hard to Michelle to turn off the technology so that we could talk. But it didn’t happen. I’m hanging with them again on Sunday, so hopefully that goes better. I’ll come out for sure if she doesn’t have a bunch of family around.

Anyways, yes Duronimo, perhaps my parents already do know. I think that they’re hoping it’s not true though, and they’ll continue to have these hopes until the topic comes up. And you’re right about me having not so much to worry about with my generation, it IS mainly the oldies holding me down. Two of my friends, for their sociology class, did surveys on homosexuality and teenage homosexuals. Almost everyone expressed their appreciation of homosexuals and gay rights, except for a couple people. But the others got mad at these bigots, so it was all good. Made me happy to hear about it.

Anyways, there’s the update. Hope to hear from you again soon,

Hyde

gettingthere

Joined in 2008
November 15, 2009, 18:31

That’s a hopeful update! Sounds like you are in a pretty good environment then. 🙂 As for Michelle, that’s unfortunate, but it’s only a delay. Keep trying and you’ll get your chance soon enough.

Meyerink

Joined in 2009
November 15, 2009, 19:35

its awesome that the annoucement is imminant with your friend. just try not to delay it due to circumstances. sometimes we wait for the “Perfect” time to tell someone and to tell you the truth if you want to find an excuse to delay it you will find it. so just make a determination when you want to tell and lock yourself in so you cant escape. the best way is to tell them you got something very important you want to discuss and you value their input. that way you have set an expectation of what you want to tell, and creates the focus of discussion.

HydeLeach

Joined in 2009
January 13, 2010, 15:39

Those who have posted here will be happy to know that I have recently told 3 more people! They all took it so well.

Two of them turned out to be closeted bisexuals, and now we’re telling people together.

God seems to be helping me out here!

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
January 13, 2010, 16:02

Hi to all and thankyou for this amazing community for their support of HydeLeach during his journey!! I have just read through the history of this thread and have tears streaming down my face :((

I wish I could hug you!!! I too am from a “full on” Christian background and can sympathize with the struggle you are facing. The advise given is sensible and I would only add that its not a race to come out. Everyone has their own journey to undertake but know that you have the support to help you make it!

Penny

Joined in 2008
January 13, 2010, 18:53

Hi Hyde

Have just read through your journey.

Huge congrats on having positive responses to sharing that side of your life 🙂

It makes such a difference to have friends who can understand & support you as you go through life.

Peace & Blessings

Penny 🙂

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.087 seconds.