Forums

In what way do you want Churches to change toward us as LGBTI people? What would you like to see happen in your church?

Page:   1 2

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
April 28, 2011, 19:23

I want sexuality to be as big a non-issue as being right or left handed.

Yep, christianity’s bible is not a book about human sexuality, but of love, compassion, hope, victory etc etc etc 😉

I would like to see the church lead social change towards justice and equality for all people, rather than dragging the chain. I want everyone to be accepted, as in really accepted, in church.

This can often be a juggling act for any religion, whether it be christianity, islam or whatever. I agree that more doing and giving as well as believing goes a long way towards improving our westernised society.

Just some philosophical thoughts 🙂

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
April 29, 2011, 09:10

What I want seen in church:

1) no-one caring about my sexual orientation when i go to church….Im just accepted as me.

2) Having a weekend or day of question and answers to dispel the wrong ideas/myths about our sexual orientation.

3) Being able to fulfill my call in God in the church whatever that may be

4) my r’ship being seen as acceptable and blessed and being able to have a ceremony to make it open and official.

5) churches, ministries not being ashamed and being open about supporting us and joining us in the changing of attitudes and having scripture set straight (so to speak 😉

6) doing something, having a program of sorts to help us heal from rejection after all this time, acknowledging that the church got it wrong. And full removal of all ex-gay therapies.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 29, 2011, 13:13

Hi magsdee

Love your suggestions above!! 🙂

Fantastic! These things – equal treatment, education and opportunities for healing – are exactly what the church should be providing – given it’s meant to be God’s representation and a place of healing.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 29, 2011, 14:16

thanks keep them coming…….I will be using these.

I am going to put the link to this discussion of my facebook wall to broaden the dialogue.

Watch the number of views jump 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 29, 2011, 18:09

thanks DavidT for these comments……and all are very valid.

lets try and keep the responses to the question people…….

In what way do you want Churches to change toward us as LGBTI people?

What would you like to see happen in your church?

this will help keep this thread in the scope…..we can tackle other things on a different thread.

thanks 🙂

SylviaP

Joined in 2010
April 29, 2011, 21:23

To be able to ask for prayer & not be told “all your problems stem from being gay”.

To feel comfortable about holding hands.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
April 29, 2011, 21:47

The replies are fantastic and honest, thankyou 🙂 ………my heart aches for these things to come to pass, it surely will, wont it Anthony 🙂 every little bit we do makes a difference…….Praise God for F2B 😉 and all the people in the front lines…….thankyou that you’ve given us a voice.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 30, 2011, 00:36

It surely will Magsdee…..it surely will

davidt

Joined in 2009
April 30, 2011, 11:17

I want to see in church:

-Acceptance of the fact that some people are born gay and that their sexual orientation cannot be changed. (Now medically proven facts)

-Translators to be honest in relation to homosexuality when they translate the scriptures in ALL languages from Hebrew and Greek.

-Children to be taught from an early age not to be homophobic

-Bible Colleges, Theological Colleges and universities to teach accurately what the scriptures say about homosexuality

-all ex-gay ministries to cease and for them to be able to be held legally liable for the damage they cause, whether they have participants’ agreement or not.

-all doctors from within our churches (and outside) to be deregistered and jailed for very lengthy terms if they practice electronic shock therapy or prescribe drugs to chemically castrate homosexuals in order to “cure” them.

-ACL and similar organizations to be honest about what the scriptures say about homosexuality, and to stop making large amounts of money by promoting homophobia. They need to choose integrity over expedience. They should cease to make any comments in relation to homosexuality.

-For everyone (gay or straight) to be treated equally in church in relation to membership, christian service, teaching, leading, pastoral ministry including ordination, missionary service, denominational positions and all employment positions.

-For churches (and society) to recognize gay marriage, even though ministers may choose not to officiate at gay wedding ceremonies. All marriages should enjoy the same rights and responsibilites.

Heb 11:1 says “Faith is being sure of what we hope for..”

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.05 seconds.