Forums

Interesting stats about the freedom 2 b[e] site

Page:   1 2

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
March 23, 2010, 13:15

thought you might find the last months activity interesting.

this month we had 3,105 visits on site …..made up of 1,573 absolute Unique Visitors and 43.38% were new visitors . The largest referring site was facebook with 433 referrals…….so don’t forget to post links to stories and discussions on your wall it brings traffic here and lets people know about freedom 2 b[e]

Last month we had 2,930 visits on site …..made up of 1,221 absolute Unique Visitors and 36.69% were new visitors

month before that we had 2,896 visits on site …..made up of 1,028 absolute Unique Visitors and 32.53% were new visitors

and before that we had 1,651 visits on site …..made up of 636 absolute Unique Visitors and 34.52% were new visitors

What is this telling us do you think?

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
March 23, 2010, 21:11

Apart from telling us that we have an AWESOME website, I think it’s telling us that we are definately having an impact on people who are either LGBT and/or who are interested in our mission of helping people reconcile their faith and sexuality, and creating acceptance and affirmation in our churches.

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
March 24, 2010, 21:51

Congratulations to you Anthony, and to Chris, Anne Marie and Peter and anyone else involved behind the scenes in running the website. There are obviously so many hours of voluntary time put into design, maintenance and moderating.

The site is obviously proving to be a most positive aspect of the Freedom2b support and outreach network.

It must especially be a great help and inspiration to those who are isolated. (And ‘isolated’ means more than just the geographic sense.)

It behoves all of us (hint, hint everybody) to make a donation to Freedom2b to help keep the association (nearly said ‘ministry’ !) and website vibrant and growing.

Bless ya all.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
March 24, 2010, 22:13

thanks forestgrey…….yes like all organisations we need regular financial support.

I thought we had details on the site about that……maybe they go lost when we moved over.

till we get that sorted out…..here is the info

Help Freedom 2 b[e] to Make a Difference

SO HOW CAN YOU HELP ??????

1. Forum Moderators

We get LOTS of spammers trying to sign up on a daily basis. Each new registration needs to be checked so we can authorise legitimate people and delete the spammers. Moderators also work on ensuring that the forum remains an active and safe place for all users. If you are interested in helping in this area – let us know. [email protected]

2. Website tech support

Space management, patches and upgrades of the website. We would like to upgrade our community forum, so if anyone has skills in this area to help out – let us know. [email protected]

3. Special event organisers

Each year we participate in the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras parade. We would like to start building a presence in the other festivals including Midsumma, Fringe, WA Pride, QLD Pride and building an even stronger presence at Mardi Gras. If you would like to organise any of these or help with the practical logistics that make these events actually happen – let us know. [email protected]

4. Local reps

We are working on setting up chapters in various capital cities. Until we can do this, we are looking for local reps who can provide us with information on events, supportive churches and other useful local information. If you have your finger on the pulse and are happy to be a contact point and to keep finding and updating information – let us know. [email protected]

5. General promotion & awareness raising

Using facebook, internet groups, discussion boards etc to create greater awareness of Freedom 2 b[e] and the work we do. If you are a bit of an internet junkie we’d love to hear from you. [email protected]

6. Fundraising

Up to now, Freedom 2 b[e] has run mainly with a few adhoc appeals and generous support from a few fantastic people. As we expand, our needs will no doubt continue to increase. In the near future we hope to kick off a few special projects – such as building active relationships with counselling services to ensure they have appropriate information to provide to those in need. We are currently looking at ways to facilitate general fundraising and making applications for Grants for specific projects. If you are interested in helping in this area – let us know. [email protected]

7. Financial giving

One of the things that has limited what we can do has been lack of funds. You can help us change that by making regular automatic weekly, monthly or one-off donations directly into the Freedom 2 b[e] account either by

A. Credit Card

http://www.ourcommunity.com.au/giving/appeal_details.form?appealId=1616

B. Direct Debit

St George Bank

Account name: Freedom to be

BSB No: 112 -879

Account No: 464521971

Any donation, no matter how small on a regular basis, all adds up to make a difference.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
March 25, 2010, 10:34

Are numbers increasing because of the recent Melbourne pride march, and more significantly, the Sydney mardi gras? Is it also because of the Christian leaders who are changing, such as 100 Revs and their messages of support via churches, mardi gras and ABC radio?

IanJ

Joined in 2009
March 25, 2010, 13:30

I am really pleased with these statistics- I suspect that the number of postings on facebook is obviouslyhaving an effect- but also events like Pride and Mardi Gras and articles and radio/TV interviews.

I feel so strongly that those who are out there struggling and hurting are the ones we need to reach with a knowledge that there IS somewhere to go- we gotta give them hope!

The stats are evidence that this is happening.

Any stats on how many per month are signing up for the site? I guess it’s a pretty open site and people can get a lot from it without ever signing up. The number of repeat visitors and how often they visit would be interesting statistics also.

Ian

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
March 25, 2010, 13:39

I think its a number of things Ann Maree….certainly the recent exposure through the ABC Hungry Beast Show (they had a link to our site) and marching in Melbourne Pride for the first time and also our exposure at Mardi Gras have helped raise awareness. I’ve been putting links to articles and stories on my status updates on facebook ( I have 15000 people there) may have helped raise awareness. I’ve suggested that before as a way of promotion but not sure if anyone else is doing it. Not so sure about the 100 Revs…….I have to keep a fairly low profile there.

Having Craig and Azariah post here I”m sure has added to things.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
March 25, 2010, 13:43

I am really pleased with these statistics- I suspect that the number of postings on facebook is obviously having an effect- but also events like Pride and Mardi Gras and articles and radio/TV interviews.

I feel so strongly that those who are out there struggling and hurting are the ones we need to reach with a knowledge that there IS somewhere to go- we gotta give them hope!

The stats are evidence that this is happening.

Any stats on how many per month are signing up for the site? I guess it’s a pretty open site and people can get a lot from it without ever signing up. The number of repeat visitors and how often they visit would be interesting statistics also.

Ian

I think we do get a lot of people just reading and not posting (called lurkers in forumspeak)……but this is good……Its fantastic that people come here to read (I often meet people who tell me they do that)…….its even better and means more to us I guess when there are a decent number engaged in discussion and telling their stories…….it helps make it feel more like a community then a small number of people talking amongst themselves.

Sandy

Joined in 2007
March 29, 2010, 09:57

Thanks for sharing those avb. There probably are a ton of lurkers, more that we’ll ever know who for one reason or another can’t or choose not to post but get a lot out of the site.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
March 29, 2010, 10:51

Hi Sandy

It’s really good to hear from you again…..it’s been a while. 🙂

Hope you’re well,

Ann Maree

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.083 seconds.