Forums

Introductions

Page:   1 2

lover_in_aus

Joined in 2012
April 7, 2012, 11:57

Hello everybody. My name is Tim (or TJ) and I wanted to introduce myself. I'm 21 years of age. I am orginially from Melbourne but live else where now. I'm a born again Christian from a Catholic/Pentecostal background. I'm bisexual, but that does not define me. I use to be polyamorus with my ex bf but I've since changed that and want to be monogamous. I don't go to a very supportive church but I'm not minding that. I love the music. Love the people and just love the atmosphere there. It's a Christian City Church for those that were interested in knowing. I'm in the head space ATM that I'm midway between accepting myself as being gay and persuing that and leaving the church all together because of comments that were said by a dear friend of mine.

That's me. Any questions?

Chris
Administrator
Joined in 2009
April 7, 2012, 13:18

Welcome Tim!

I'm also in a non-supportive church. My partner and I had a meeting with our minister last week so he could tell us that the coming communion service wouldn't be inclusive for us. Wasn't great to hear, but I wasn't terribly surprised anyway.I still like the people who go there, and no-one aside from the minister has even mentioned our sexuality at all.

Out of curiosity, what changed your preference from polyamory to monogamy?

lover_in_aus

Joined in 2012
April 7, 2012, 13:35

I didn't think it was God's way for me to be.

sarab

Joined in 2011
April 7, 2012, 19:53

Hi Chris – after reading your post about being refused communion – I have some thoughts that have been troubling me.

I have never thought that being gay was "a sin" – although I have well known from my own experience of church that this is the way many christians and "the church" thinks.

However, what I don't get is that if the church or those who believe this truly believe that "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" then if you were to exclude every "sinner" from participating in communion – then surely there would be no one left?

How can people like your minister (and no disrespect intended) justify excluding you from communion and not everyone else?

I mean – your church (and every church) must be full of people who lie, who slander, who "get drunk on wine" who take "the Lord's name in vain" – etc etc etc are those people being excluded from communion? In fact, the minister himself – if perceived "sin" is his rationalisation for exclusion – should exclude himself from communion. Let's say I did believe being gay and being in a gay relationship was a sin – my basic Christian theology would tell me that even while we were still sinners…. Christ died for us. I am pretty sure Jesus would not be excluding anyone.

I just find this devestatingly sad.

Sarab

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 7, 2012, 20:16

Hi Tim

Welcome to f2b! I trust you'll find this a supportive place to be.

Thanks for sharing some of your story. How did you find us?

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 7, 2012, 20:21

Hi all

RE Chris being excluded from communion, I agree with sarab that this is very sad. And yes sarab what you say above is correct – we all fall short. It reminds me of Jesus with the adulterer and how in the end no one could cast the first stone because none of them were perfect.

Still, it's great that both Chris and Tim are able to attend their respective churches and benefit from the positives there. I think that says something very positive about your characters.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

sarab

Joined in 2011
April 7, 2012, 21:24

Yes Hi Tim – I too say welcome to f2be. I hope that you too find some encouragement from this site.

Do you feel comfortable in sharing what it was that your friend said that has you thinking about leaving the church?

(No probs if you'd rather not say).

Sarab 🙂

ShadowBoxer
Joined in 2005
April 8, 2012, 07:54

Gday Tim

Sounds like an interesting Journey – Welcome to Freedom2b

lover_in_aus

Joined in 2012
April 8, 2012, 11:02

Well it was really just me connecting it with the pagan faith more and more.

lover_in_aus

Joined in 2012
April 8, 2012, 11:03

I found you guys thru a guy named Sam

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.069 seconds.