Forums

Just a step

Page:   1 2

smith

Joined in 2006
September 10, 2011, 20:21

Misty I am a long term supporter of Freedom 2b(e) and am heterosexual . I have always found the meetings and the community to be safe and welcoming . I was a bit apprehensive at the first meeting but Anthony made a Pentecostal joke and I “got” it . So there was a shared understanding from the beginning . We are all on different journeys and its fantastic that Freedom 2b(e) supports people whatever their religious beliefs . I support Freedom 2b(e) because I remember the experiences of my gay friends and I want to make a difference . I still feel very angry when I think of the treatment they received within the church. I also had an older brother who I am certain was gay and I have received lots of support from the community . Homosexuality was a taboo sub ject within the church when I was growing up so its been great to hear the stories of people from within the GLBTQ community . I feel very privileged and its been great to see the development of the community within the last 4 years .

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
September 11, 2011, 13:31

I am intrigued Smith…..what was my pente joke

smith

Joined in 2006
September 11, 2011, 13:43

From memory it was some joking reference to the fact that none of the guys (it was mainly guys in those days) wanted to sit up the front in the ACON meeting room and in Pentecostal churches its usually the “backsliders” who sit up the back of the church .

Those who are really commited and right with God always sit up the front

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
September 12, 2011, 12:37

Down at the spout where the glory comes out……hehe.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
September 12, 2011, 12:49

Hi smith

You wrote:

From memory it was some joking reference to the fact that none of the guys (it was mainly guys in those days) wanted to sit up the front in the ACON meeting room and in Pentecostal churches its usually the “backsliders” who sit up the back of the church .

Those who are really commited and right with God always sit up the front.

hehe. Thanks for reminding me of that pentecostalism. 😀 And for those no longer attending church, such as myself now, they were considered lost and needed to be drawn back into the fold.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
September 12, 2011, 12:51

Hi avb

You wrote:

Down at the spout where the glory comes out……hehe

You’re funny, avb. I never did hear that one!

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Misty

Joined in 2011
September 12, 2011, 14:10

I sympathise, Ann Maree. Some people consider me ‘lost’ and try to entice me back to the fold because I often attend the Quakers instead of the local Anglican. It’s very easy to fall outside the mainstream! 0:)

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
September 13, 2011, 23:26

aaaah…..Quakers…..such quiet reflective people. And very gay affirming. ….in case you didn’t know. http://www.newsmaker.com.au/news/2189

Suzee

Joined in 2011
October 9, 2011, 12:07

Hi Misty, good to meet you here.

I’m also a straight ally…with a heart to be an advocate and a voice for my LGBT brothers and sisters. Its sad to read about how your friend is bullied every day…and that would be the norm for many others too.

I am moved with compassion to do something to bring change for people who are treated so wrongly.

I’m still learning also, and this is the safest place to learn how to be supportive. So you chose well.

Hugs to you 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
October 12, 2011, 17:33

Hi Misty

How are things going with you? 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.061 seconds.