Forums

Letting the cork out of the bottle

Page:   1 2 3 4

orfeo

Joined in 2007
January 23, 2008, 12:54

Wanted to come back here and thank everyone for their responses to my posts – including the responses that came by PM – they’ve all been really helpful.

There’s definitely still some work to be done on my part on setting boundaries and then also APPLYING those decisions. I seem, though, to be moving towards a much clearer picture of what I do and don’t want to do / feel okay about doing.

The ideal, of course, would be to find a nice gay Christian man that I could contemplate spending the rest of my life with. Think I found a candidate actually – now, if only he didn’t live in another city!

But in and of itself, that raises all sorts of interesting questions about whether I am just looking to imitate a heterosexual model. There’s definitely a wide range of views out there in the homosexual ‘world’ as to how similar or how different homosexual relationships are to heterosexual ones. I’m inclining towards the view that things like faithfulness and fidelity should be just as important and are not just rules that are there ‘for the sake of the children’, if you like.

Oh, and Anthony – yes I know you’re coming to Canberra. A board member has been pestering me to keep my diary free!

Sandy

Joined in 2007
January 23, 2008, 15:04

I’m glad things are looking clearer for you orfeo. 😀 All the best.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 24, 2008, 23:36

I think its great when we finally realise……deep down in our hearts……. what is the right thing to do (not what others tell is the right thing to do)………..and have the strength to live but that.

It takes some time to sort it all out……in the meantime I dont believe we go to hell for making a mistake…….we get so intense about that sometimes.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
January 25, 2008, 12:41

The brimstone and hellfire has certainly been overdone, just like when Christians were looking for the devil in everything, even images in egg yolk roll

Sandy

Joined in 2007
January 25, 2008, 17:38

I agree about the hell thing, its more about intimidation and forcing people into strict moral guidelines through fear and coersion than anything.

God sees our hearts and motives for doing things so I don’t think a genuinly innocent mistake is going to illicit much more than a shurg from God. If we all went to hell for our mistakes heaven would be empty.

Sandy

Joined in 2007
January 26, 2008, 20:10

Just so it doesn’t keep you all awake at night because I know you have been as concerned as I, I found a dumbed down version on Master’s and Johnson’s Human Sexual Responce, its not the one I was really after but it will do for a start so you can call the search party off 😆

January 26, 2008, 21:23

I agree about the hell thing, its more about intimidation and forcing people into strict moral guidelines through fear and coersion than anything.

God sees our hearts and motives for doing things so I don’t think a genuinly innocent mistake is going to illicit much more than a shurg from God. If we all went to hell for our mistakes heaven would be empty.

The fear of hell was what kept me coming out for so long. I was sure that if I lived as a gay guy I would go to hell, and believed this even a long time after coming out.

Sandy

Joined in 2007
January 26, 2008, 22:28

Well thank goodness we both know now that homosexuality will not land you in hell. I can only try to understand the absolute deverstation people must go through if they believe that. No wonder so many homosexuals commit suicide… 😥

Shantih Shantih Shantih

Joined in 2008
February 26, 2008, 19:20

First of all, Comrade Liberation, I would just like to ask you how many opinions you have changed with your blunt, militant attitude? This is not to criticise you or judge you, but simply to ask a question that you should probably have asked yourself already.

As a fairly basic, straightforward rule, you cannot change the mind of another person through intimidation or force. It just doesn’t work.

Napoleon Bonaparte once said:

“Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded an empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him.”

In the end, Rob, I would wager anything in my possession that if you were to have a less harsh attitude towards anti-gay believers, and even take a leaf out of Jesus’ book and try to love them once in a while, then you would find people much more amenable to your opinions…

Just a suggestion.

Anyway, that’s not supposed to be the point…

Orfeo, although I’m not actually out of the closet, I found the opposite to be true when I accepted my sexuality. When I finally stopped trying to suppress it, my libido almost instantly fell over, twitched a few times, and then lay still – hasn’t moved since, which is probably for the better 🙂 .

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 26, 2008, 20:19

Orfeo, although I’m not actually out of the closet, I found the opposite to be true when I accepted my sexuality. When I finally stopped trying to suppress it, my libido almost instantly fell over, twitched a few times, and then lay still – hasn’t moved since, which is probably for the better 🙂 .

Now we actually have the space to talk to each other William and share experiences it seems that this is quite a common experience. it was mine and many others it seems. the suppression and hatred of our true selves creates all the wrong things.

who would have thought accepting being gay would actually enable me to be more in control of my morality…….certainly not me…..that is why i resisted it for so long……I was afraid it would take over.

The sexual addiction i’d developed was the result of an unhealthy hatred of self.

When the time is right for you to come out you’ll find it even more liberating……less stressful actually…..but all in your time.

Page:   1 2 3 4

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.063 seconds.