Forums

Many fears

Page:   1 2 3 4

J

Joined in 2012
September 27, 2012, 16:54

Urgh, I still haven't received a response from GCN. My thread got moved on there too, so I clicked on my thread's link and it said I needed to be a member to view it (which is weird because I AM a member – glitch please). So then I had to PM a moderator there, in fact I've sent the message to 5 mods in hopes that one of them will respond ASAP, and still nothing after 2 days >.< and now I'm going to be gone for a few days as of tomorrow, with my parents at the bach, so there goes another few days…

I think your best bet is to go to the nearest Freedom2b meeting as a response from GCN could take a while :-/ I don't think GCN have anything in Australia anyway though, from what I know they're based in the USA (Phoenix, Arizona to be exact). F2B meetings sound so amazing and fun anyway, so I'd check them out either way if I was in Australia πŸ˜€

Bathsheeba

Joined in 2012
September 27, 2012, 17:37

Hi all. Thanks for the welcome and support. When and where is the next Melbourne chapter meeting?

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
September 27, 2012, 18:04

Hi Dan

The next Melbourne Chapter meeting is on Fri 19th October in South Yarra. The meetings are monthly and occur on the third Fri of the month. For further details, please contact Michelle by Private Message. Michelle is the President of f2b and faithfully facilitates the f2b chapter meetings in Melbourne with partner, Linda. (Any problems with sending a PM please let me know).

Alternatively you can usually find the details for meetings on our home page or by clicking on the Events tab above. At the moment however, the details for the next Melb meeting are not there.

There used to be Gay Christian Network people in QL but I am not sure if that is still continuing or not. So as Jordan said, focus on the f2b Melb meeting for now and contact Michelle who will be glad to help you. πŸ™‚

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Bathsheeba

Joined in 2012
September 28, 2012, 17:28

Hi all

I've travelled the Christian road for most of my life. I've often felt different and a hypocrite because I'm queer. Now with your support I'm finding my true self. Since the age of twenty-one, I've suffered terribly with anxiety and depression as a result of struggling with my orientation and identity, even to the point of being hospitalised. I love this forum as I no longer feel so lonely. Hoping to meet you at the next meeting.

Best wishes to all,

Dan

J

Joined in 2012
September 30, 2012, 14:11

Hey Dan, I think it's great you're going to the next freedom2b meeting.

I suffered from deep depression all through out high school so I can completely relate to what that's like. There were moments when I was suicidal and depressed, and I would stare out of the window thinking of ways to kill myself – and that was VERY scary. All logic and reasoning had flown out of the window and I had nothing left – not even the support of my own family could cheer me up, and quite honestly I don't know how I managed to get out of it. I think I started doing daily walks for some Vitamin D, as well as watching some videos on youtube of my favourite comedians – that helped me a lot (laughter really is some of, if not the best, medicine), but it's different for everyone. It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel in those times, but life is so worth living.

If there is one thing I've learnt in life after that horrible experience of deep depression, it's that I have to learn to accept myself, that what other people think of me in a negative light is none of my business (it's their problem and their insecurities alone), and that love is worth fighting & living for. I watched the DVD, 'Defying Gravity' the other day, and it was such an awesome movie of these two gay men who loved each other, and I thought, wow, I want that, and that really reiterated the idea that I WILL get that one day as long as I stay alive, and by gosh I am going to stay alive to see that my happiness IS fulfilled – because everyone deserves love.

Judging by the fun pics on the main f2b site and the awesome people on these forums, there's no doubt in my mind that you'll feel welcome and at home at the f2b meeting/s. Keep strong Dan,

Jordan

Bathsheeba

Joined in 2012
September 30, 2012, 16:34

Thanks Jordan for your kind words of support. You sound like a very caring and sensitive soul and I'm sure happiness awaits you in abundance.

I use many strategies to get through the dark times, and humour is definitely one of them. I don't know many gay or queer Christians so this forum is literally a Godsend. I believe in miracles and magic and look forward to meeting you all at the next chapter gathering.

All the best in life, love and happiness.

Dan

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
September 30, 2012, 17:07

Hi Dan

I'm so glad you found f2b and that you are finding the site helpful. I'm confident that you'll also enjoy the chapter meetings and that this is the start of life getting better and better for you. πŸ™‚

Here's some info about the next f2b meeting in Melbourne. It hasn't yet been loaded onto the home and events pages but hopefully will be soon.

Next Melbourne Chapter Meeting Will Be Live Broadcast on Joy FM

The Melbourne based LGBTI community radio station JOY 94.9 FM will be broadcasting The Spirit Lounge live from the upcoming October meeting of our Melbourne chapter.

The Spirit Lounge show provides a forum where people of all faiths can explore the integration of their spirituality and sexuality. JOY & freedom2b will join together for a special broadcast on Friday October 19th from 7 pm – 9 pm. The theme is β€œWhat I Would Like You To Know” and we will be asking the community to inform their spiritual leaders about their sexuality and the impact that it has on their faith.

Those planning to attend, we would ask you to arrive by the special time of 6.30 pm at the Victorian AIDS Council Building, 6 Claremont Street, South Yarra.

Stay tuned to the website http://www.freedom2b.org for further details. Any queries, please contact 0430 045 585 or email [email protected]

Blessings,

Ann Maree

BrisBen

Joined in 2010
October 1, 2012, 18:37

Hey Dan,

I'm the GCN coordinator for Brisbane.

GCN has different levels of activity in different parts of Australia; Brisbane and Sydney are the most active at this time. There are about 5-6 'active' GCNers that I know of in Melbourne, so I can put you in touch if you'd like.

The GCN website is getting a complete overhaul to make it easier to use, including (hopefully) making it less US-centric. The rollout of the new website is scheduled to start later this month.

In lieu of that, there is a secret Facebook group for LGBTIQ Christians in Australia (again, mostly Brisbane and Sydney, but a great way to stay connected with other Australians) that I would be happy to add you (or anyone else who is interested) to. Just look me up on Facebook.

Regards

Ben

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
October 1, 2012, 18:43

HI Ben

Thanks for this info and for stopping by at f2b. You are most welcome. πŸ™‚ And great to know GCN is still around in Australia and that there are contacts in Melbourne. πŸ™‚

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Bathsheeba

Joined in 2012
October 3, 2012, 09:25

Hi all

Just an update. I plan to join the gay and lesbian chorus and volunteer at the vic aids council as a way of meeting peers and giving something of myself.

Blessings

Dan

Page:   1 2 3 4

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.086 seconds.