Bathsheeba

Joined in 2012
October 4, 2012, 13:25

Look forward to meeting those attending on the chapter night 🙂

Bathsheeba

Joined in 2012
October 8, 2012, 17:05

Hi all.

I went to Ashburton Baptist on Sun and met James, David and other lovely people. I felt welcomed and had some yummy soup.

I will return.

Dan

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
October 11, 2012, 17:24

Posted by Bathsheeba on Oct 11th and moved from the Discussion section.

Hi Everyone.

I'm a little lonely and confused. As mentioned I identify as a male bisexual and would love to have a relationship with a warm and loving man with Christian values. This is all very new to me. I've planned to get involved with the LGBTIQ community but at the moment I'm caught between the world of the fundamentalist church and f2b. Does anyone identify or have words of support?

I feel so alone except for this site.

Dan

PS Bathsheeba is my beautiful part Siamese pure white cat who is moulting everywhere at present.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
October 11, 2012, 17:29

Posted by Mother Hen on Oct 11th and moved from the Discussion section

Hi Dan,

This is certainly the place to be for love, support, encouragement and acceptance for who you are. I really encourage you to go to a f2b meeting as you you have been planning to. They are a wonderful group and it's a great place to meet other people. I'm sure you would make some great friends and then maybe you won't be so lonely.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
October 11, 2012, 18:02

Hi again Dan

You've certainly made a great start toward reducing your loneliness by finding ways of meeting others you can relate to. 🙂 It will take a while to create these networks but keep taking one step at a time. And it might not feel like it but you've done a fair bit already in finding this site and attending Ashburton Baptist. And you plan to check out Metro church and go to the f2b meeting on 19th October. And you even mentioned joining the Lesbian and Gay chorus.. Are you still doing that?

Have a read of the other suggestions given to you in this thread and contact Ben at GCN.

Ben said:

Hey Dan, I'm the GCN coordinator for Brisbane. …There are about 5-6 'active' GCNers that I know of in Melbourne, so I can put you in touch if you'd like.The GCN website is getting a complete overhaul to make it easier to use, including (hopefully) making it less US-centric. The rollout of the new website is scheduled to start later this month. In lieu of that, there is a secret Facebook group for LGBTIQ Christians in Australia (again, mostly Brisbane and Sydney, but a great way to stay connected with other Australians) that I would be happy to add you (or anyone else who is interested) to. Just look me up on Facebook.

And here's the link to the next f2b chapter meeting as well as other Melbourne events. http://www.freedom2b.org/events-in-melbourne/

Let us know how you go with these suggestions.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Bathsheeba

Joined in 2012
October 11, 2012, 18:39

Hi Ann Maree

Thanks for all your support. I intend to audition for the choir and return to Ashburton. I think I need a little patience!!! I've got an interview to be a Vicaids volunteer. Hope to see you at the meeting on the 19th.

Blessings

Dan

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
October 11, 2012, 21:05

Hi Dan

You said:

I think I need a little patience!!!

Yes patience is a virtue as they say. 🙂

You have some great things opening up for you so life will surely continue to improve. Wow – you're even going for an interview at VIcAids. Enjoy each moment and remember the positives of everything you're doing. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 22, 2012, 13:00

Quote from Bathsheeba on October 3, 2012, 9:25 am

Hi all

Just an update. I plan to join the gay and lesbian chorus and volunteer at the vic aids council as a way of meeting peers and giving something of myself.

Blessings

Dan

Great ways to get connected to the community and with like minded people.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Author of 'A Life of Unlearning – A Journey to Find the Truth'

Founder and Director of Ambassadors & Bridge Builders International

W: http://www.gayambassador.com Twitter: @gayambassador

LGBT consultant and professional coach, working with gay, lesbian, bisexual clients and those questioning their sexual identity

• Strategic Coming Out

• Married & Gay

• Faith/Sexuality Conflict

• Living Authentically

• Life After the Closet

Page:   1 2 3 4

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.066 seconds.