Forums

Mardi Gras 2012 Vehicle Display

Page: 1

Shane Cathcart
Event Coordinator
Joined in 2009
December 27, 2011, 14:39

Hi everyone,

So our theme for Freedom2b's 2012 Mardi Gras entry has been announced, which is "All You Need Is Love". As with our entry in 2011, we will be having a vehicle with a display on the back which will help us to broadcast our message.

The planning team have come up with a paradise feel, with tall grass and tress reaching towards the sky with the letters L O V E displayed brightly across the top.

This is where we would like input from fellow Freedom2b'ers. In keeping with our theme of "All You Need Is Love", how do you think we can make our display help get our message across to the thousands of people watching. We would love to hear your ideas, and of course, hope to see you march with us in 2012.

Hugs!

Shane

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
December 27, 2011, 23:41

Hi Shane

I love that idea! Great theme and perfect to have 'LOVE' as the word overhead. I agree that's all we need. And everyone can receive that message, no matter what their beliefs. 🙂

At first I was hearing the Beatles' song 'All you need is love' and imagining people dressed in ball gowns or as pimpernels and jesters with masks as in those worn for a masked ball. However those sorts of outfits might be too hot and complex. But then I was thinking that something fresh and spring-like to match our new site would be good. Something simple to match the theme…

I'm interested to hear others' brainstorming.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

IanJ

Joined in 2009
January 11, 2012, 20:49

I thought of the song too Ann Maree- msut be somethign to do with age. lol.

As alternate approach is something minimalist.

All you need is love.

that's it.

just

LOVE

maybe like the sculpture in Philadelphia:

http://caroundtheworld.com/2010/01/29/moving-back-why-i-love-philly/

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
January 11, 2012, 21:29

I remember seeing this when I was in Philadelphia. Beautiful simple piece of art in an amazing city. Thanks for reminding me Ian!

IanJ

Joined in 2009
January 11, 2012, 22:03

thanks for posting the pic on here — i couldn't work out how to make all those icon thingies at the top of the post do anything.

It would have to be rainbow rather than red.

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
February 8, 2012, 23:41

Here is a photo from our Mardi Gras workshop on Sunday. Click on image to zoom in.

Chris
Administrator
Joined in 2009
February 9, 2012, 10:09

Quote from HillsBen on January 11, 2012, 9:29 pm

I remember seeing this when I was in Philadelphia. Beautiful simple piece of art in an amazing city. Thanks for reminding me Ian!

It's pretty famous. I saw one at the base of Taipei 101 when I was in Taiwan. They're everywhere!

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.06 seconds.